Corsair Community

Commander Core and Lighting Node Core sync

angrybear

I have the H115i Elite Casppellix, which came with the "CORSAIR iCUE Commander CORE Controller". I wanted to add 3 more fans to my case (total of 7) so I bought a QL140 two pack that comes with the Lighting Node Core to control the RGB.

Is there ANY way to sync the lighting on the fans that are plugged into thew two different controllers?

Yes and no.  You can use the various Lighting Link effects at the bottom of the drop down list to set all Corsair devices to common patterns.  However, they are limited to more basic or universal patterns that all devices can do.  Your QL have several special effects unique to the double ring structure and your ML-Elite with 8 center mounted LEDs can never do those.  Obviously if you pick similar effects like Rainbow Wave, Color Wave, etc. it will look similar on both controllers.  

If you meant can you set up sequential effects (1-7) across more than the one controller, the short answer is not easily.  There is no preset from that aside from the two Lighting Effects that are sequential (color wave and visor).  It is possible to program a wave to appear to start on one end and pick up at the second controller before returning to the start.  This is done by creating two waves, each timed to begin/end with the other.  That is not a beginner friendly type of programming and requires a fair bit of experimentation to get it down right.