Corsair Community

Corsair 4.16 Memory Leak M1 MAC

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but the 4.16 version has an issue with Corsair Core Audio Driver.  I am using a Virtuoso SE and cant use the software on the V3 series or the Audio doesnt work while its installed.  I got the 4.16 version and Audio works but after using it for a bit I looked at the resources and saw that the Core Audio Driver on my mac was up to 42GB of virtual Memory.  The real memory was only at 36mb but the virtual just kept increasing until I killed the process.  Once Killed it went back to 30mb but was increasing and at the time of writing this has already gone back up to 3GB without using any audio.  Its not that big of a deal but with the M1 drives and limited read/writes having an Audio driver constantly take up 40+GB read writes I am concerned of the longevity of this mac now because of Corsair's audio driver.  The software is not needed unless I want the 7.1 dolby or if I want to shut off my headset. Who makes a headset without a power button?  Right now thew workaround I have is kill Corsair and the driver and then start it back up once I am done using it so the auto shut off kicks in.  

Not just an M1 problem. My 2017 iMac was very laggy, so I checked Activity Monitor, and guess what. Corsair Core Audio Driver took up 52GB of RAM....

The system was using nearly 40GB of virtual memory to keep the system going. This was however after keeping the system on during the night in screen saver mode. This should definitely be fixed.

I installed iCue yesterday (15 November, 2021), so I guess it is still the 4.16 version, i just threw iCue off my system after seeing how broken it really is.

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

Apparently the same problem but not on M1.
I have a 2019 i9 MBP, I just installed the latest version of icue v. 4.19.191 this morning and after a few hours, a popup appeared informing me that my hard drive is full.

After investigation, I found a very high memory usage (>90Go!!!) of the Core Audio Driver (CorsairAudio.driver) (see screenshot).

When I select the audio output of my ST100 device (firmware v.0.04.106), configured in 7.1 surround sound, this problem appears (I think...).

It seems that the same problem also occurs with the stereo mode.
Shutdown the iCUE software "fixes" the problem.

I had a similar issue on Windows 10 (bootcamp) few days ago and I forgot what I did to fix the problem...

After several problems with Corsair devices and software over the last few months, I am reluctantly leaving Corsair.
Cheers!

Capture d’écran 2022-01-07 à 15.24.27.png

• 1 month later...

Any new information regarding this problem? I have the same issue on my MacBook Air M1. The memory usage is increasing continously, even on iCUE version 4.20.

Edited by Sley

For anyone having the issue you need to use 4.9 for now and keep checking updates.  I will run the update then check memory uninstall it and go back to 4.9.  I have the Virtuoso SE which makes all features useless on 4.9 including sleep mode.  So since there is no power button on these headphones my only way to power them off is to let the battery drain daily.  This is really annoying and wish someone would fix the main issue.  Incase you do not have it here is a link to the 4.9 App

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUE-4.9.338-release.dmg?_ga=2.118688064.810553657.1644846332-1100946225.1644846332

• Corsair Employees
15 minutes ago, PCHELPME said:

For anyone having the issue you need to use 4.9 for now and keep checking updates.  I will run the update then check memory uninstall it and go back to 4.9.  I have the Virtuoso SE which makes all features useless on 4.9 including sleep mode.  So since there is no power button on these headphones my only way to power them off is to let the battery drain daily.  This is really annoying and wish someone would fix the main issue.  Incase you do not have it here is a link to the 4.9 App

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUE-4.9.338-release.dmg?_ga=2.118688064.810553657.1644846332-1100946225.1644846332

iCUE 4.9.338 for MacOS is beta software and is not fully supported so any issues that arise from using it are not going to be able to be addressed. The first official full release for MacOS was 4.17.xx.

As for the issue at hand the team is aware of the issue with the audio driver and it will be fixed in a future update.

• Like 1

Hello Support

I have used 4.20 and have the same issue I only use 4.9 as I do not need my Hard Drive getting ruined by constant read/writes from Corsair using Virtual Memory and killing the life of my non replaceable drive.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, Corsair Notepad said:

As for the issue at hand the team is aware of the issue with the audio driver and it will be fixed in a future update.

Will there be a beta for the upcoming macOS release?