Corsair Community

K70 RGB MK.2 gives wrong output from "Hardware Key Assignments"

My K70 RGB MK.2 (nordic layout, firmware v3.24) gives a wrong output when assigning a regular text for specific key using "Hardware Key Assignments". Next is a text that I assign to a key (for example key KP1):

// Aim for test names that describe behavior not implementation.

// When a test fails, without reading a test code, one should understand what he/she broke.

// This test tests [that|to] ...

public void TestMethod()

{

// Arrange

// Act

// Assert

}

However when the iCUE software (v4.16.194) is not running and I use the assigned key (KP1) next is the output that comes to text editor (for example notepad):

-- Aim for test names that describe behavior not implementation.
-- When a test fails, without reading a test code, one should understand what he-she broke.
-- This test tests åthat*to¨...
public void TestMethod)=
Å
-- Arrange

-- Act

-- Assert
^

As you can see '/' character is changed to '-' character, '(' to ')', ')' to '=' etc.

How can I get the correct output when using "Hardware Key Assignments" with my K70 MK.2 keyboard?

Edited by TomiP

• Corsair Employees

My K70 RGB MK.2 (nordic layout, firmware v3.24) gives a wrong output when assigning a regular text for specific key using "Hardware Key Assignments". Next is a text that I assign to a key (for example key KP1):

// Aim for test names that describe behavior not implementation.

// When a test fails, without reading a test code, one should understand what he/she broke.

// This test tests [that|to] ...

public void TestMethod()

{

// Arrange

// Act

// Assert

}

However when the iCUE software (v4.16.194) is not running and I use the assigned key (KP1) next is the output that comes to text editor (for example notepad):

-- Aim for test names that describe behavior not implementation.
-- When a test fails, without reading a test code, one should understand what he-she broke.
-- This test tests åthat*to¨...
public void TestMethod)=
Å
-- Arrange

-- Act

-- Assert
^

As you can see '/' character is changed to '-' character, '(' to ')', ')' to '=' etc.

How can I get the correct output when using "Hardware Key Assignments" with my K70 MK.2 keyboard?

Hi Tomi,

Because this is a complicated macro / technical issue, it is best addressed by our Tech Support team. I've gone ahead and converted this to a ticket on your behalf. Keep an eye on your email for a response from the Tech Support team soon. 

Thank you.