Corsair Community

Icue 4 and Asus z690-A issue

Hello , after an upgrade to the new intel and a fresh w11 install ICUE started to have some weird issue with my commander pro everything in monitoring are bugging and icue crash 1-2 times a day, but everything else is ok, my psu and ram monitoring are good.

I already resintalled icue and armory crate , changed usb port of the commander pro.

Setup: 

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 ,
  • I9-12900K
  • 32Go DDR4 Corsair VENGANCE PRO
  • EVGA FTW3 ULTRA RTX 3090
  • HX1000I

ba21de137d744a6276cb93240ba1fdad (1).gif

Are you running another monitoring program like HWiNFO or AIDA?  They tend to get entangled with CUE as they poll the same hardware.  The impossible 3.3/5/12v rails are a classic sign.  Quit the other program then restart CUE and it's service or simply restart the machine.  

After testing HWINFO icue fail to communicate with my commander pro, i didn't have this issue with my older setup.

Thx c-attack

On 11/7/2021 at 1:47 AM, c-attack said:

Are you running another monitoring program like HWiNFO or AIDA?  They tend to get entangled with CUE as they poll the same hardware.  The impossible 3.3/5/12v rails are a classic sign.  Quit the other program then restart CUE and it's service or simply restart the machine.  

You should be able to run HWiNFO at the same time if you disable monitoring of the Commander Pro/Core or other internal Corsair devices in HWiNFO.  That includes the PSU, but usually the RAM temps and data are OK.  That should eliminate the fight between programs for access to those devices.  In the short term, you likely want to see as much data as possible about your new set-up and HWiNFO certainly has stuff well beyond what CUE provides.  

• 2 weeks later...

I’m running into the same issue with my Commander Pro. The fans will show up in iCUE, then drop off, show back up, and drop off again. My motherboard is the ASUS Strix Z690-E. 

If I look in Device Manager. The Commander Pro shows an issue with the status “STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR”

I’ve reset and updated the firmware on the Commander Pro, but the issue still remains.