Corsair Community

Old TX950 PSU fan replacement

Hello Corsair Support. I'm hoping to buy a new PC in a year, but can't bear with the worn out and noise PSU fan today. The TX950's fan is the loudest part in my PC and lately it has started to do quiet but annoying noises like worn out fans ususally do. I would like to replace the fan but I don't know which to choose as a replacement. From several reviews I found out that this PSU uses 140x25mm Yate Loon D14BH-12 (2800RPM, 140CFM). The fan is loud even at idle and I don't know where to get it anyway (except for one wellknown e-shop, but I don't trust it that much).

Is there any silent 140x25mm fan with low starting voltage that you use in your current PSU lineup? Which fan model will you recomment to replace that beastly 2800RPM D14BH-12? If there is not a suitable fan out there, is it even possible to find an unused Yate Loon D14BH-12 in Corsair Service Centers?
What fan starting voltage requirements does TX950 have? It is an importance question too, for that will help me much in my search for a suitable fan.

I've red people use Arctic Cooling P14 (140x27mm, 3-pin, 1700RPM, 72CFM) because of the low starting voltage (2.8). But the problems are: a) Its 27mm thick (will it fit?); b) Will 72CFM/1700RPM be anough considering the original fan has 140CFM/2800RPM? There is also a Noctua fan NF-A14industrial PPC-2000 (140x25, 3-pin, 2000RPM, 107CFM), but the starting voltage is unknown.

Edited by Dmitri Ale

That PSU is like 12 years old, unfortunately it is time for retirement in a sunny electronics recycling plant 🙂

It works but the capacitors are worn out by now and the voltage ripple must be all over the place. Using it in a new build with higher power CPUs and GPUs will cause all sorts of havoc to the VRM components potentially damaging them.

I can't answer about the fan replacement, but usually PSU fans are a lot sturdier than PC case fans, so replacing it like for like would be better. That said, it would have to be a temporary fix while waiting to get a good, fresh PSU for the new build

20 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

That PSU is like 12 years old, unfortunately it is time for retirement in a sunny electronics recycling plant

20 hours ago, Dmitri Ale said:

I'm hoping to buy a new PC in a year, but can't bear with the worn out and noise PSU fan today.