Corsair Community

Question about Hardware DPI changing? Should be impossible?

endless1x

Whenever I restart my computer or am using something besides Windows on the computer, the mouse(which is using what is called a HW Profile) reverts back to some type of factory default DPI. I was under the impression that a hardware profile was literally stored on the hardware. Why else would there be two types of profiles? There is software and hardware profiles. Do I need to upload/inject the mouse with something to make the hardware profile stick to the mouse?

Ok, I see there have been no replies. I have deleted the only other profile on the mouse which was a regular profile. It was not set as the default but it is gone. Then on the hardware profile(or at least titled HW Profile) there was only one dpi setting which I could not erase. It was the sniper dpi. So, instead I set it to approximately the same dpi as my actual setting. I haven't been rebooting my PC a whole lot. I was just about to change out the thermal paste on the CPU so I might be doing some rebooting in a while. But normally while on the Windows lock screen before any of the services or apps have started the mouse is just so sluggish. I own several Corsair gaming mice but this one is a NightSword RGB. Does this thing even have on-board memory to store profiles? I also have a Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB I think in my laptop bag. I have several Logitech G Series mice as well and they do store macros and settings on-board.

You need to actively save the HW Profile to the device in order load the settings. This can be done from two different places.  1) The Nightsword Hardware Profile that shows up as HW1, HW2, HW3 in the profile list. 2) From any software profile using the Hardware settings for that mouse. 

The DPI settings in HW mode work just like those in software mode. There are three and they are part of the profile saved to the device. It seems like you need to set them to your preferred level and set the default to your preferred speed. You also have the quick change buttons on the mouse to shift between dpi settings. Those buttons work in HW and software mode. 

Also be aware cue 4 defaults to maximum pointer speed combined with mouse acceleration. Those are accessible in the device settings. If you normally use those that may not be a problem but resetting them to standard values of 50% and pointer precision off will alter the required DPI speeds. 

Edited by c-attack

Ok, I went to the hardware settings and found the mouse. This is what I did. I haven't rebooted yet but I will. If it still is sluggish then I will mess with the default Windows mouse sensitivity or something. Is Windows mouse sensitivity the thing you meant about "maximum pointer speed combined with mouse acceleration"?

Screenshot_7.png

Yes, right above the save slots are those two settings.  For whatever reason, CUE 4 sets that to maximum and acceleration on (pointer precision) whereas CUE 3 used the standard 50% value.  If you are used to using those at max and on, shifting back into Windows control or a default 50% without the software changing the speed could make the mouse feel very slow.  

The HW DPI modes should be in with the other DPI settings.  The default values are all quite different and using HW DPI 2 at the middle setting might feel slow while being out of control on HW DPI 3.  I can see you are missing the HW DPI values.  Try disconnecting the mouse and reconnecting with CUE running to see if it will try and load the mouse DPI profiles back into the software.  You may need to quit CUE first then relaunch.  If that does not work, a soft reset usually does.  

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-How-to-Reset-your-computer-mouse

Also, you can quit CUE from the task bar to drop it into HW mode so you can check if it worked, without having to reboot and figure it out in the short time before Windows loads.  

Screenshot (200).png

Edited by c-attack

Hey thanks for your help. I actually wanted only one HW DPI just so I don't accidently change my mouse sensitivity. The only reason I would load the other two is if I was using macros and would be taking the mouse with me where there was no internet. Other than that I would use the software macros because they usually need to be edited frequently. I need to check to make sure I am on iCUE 4. I hadn't considered it before but I just recently reinstalled Windows and downloaded iCUE normally.

Edited by endless1x

You are on CUE 4.  I can see it from the picture. 

You do not have to save anything to the other slots and can keep just the one save.