Corsair Community

MP600 PRO XT dosnt fit on my Asus ROG Strix X570-E

aleo13

You'd have that very same issue with any NVME drive that you put in that board. The boards are designed for you to use the built-in heatsinks.

11 minutes ago, DevBiker said:

You'd have that very same issue with any NVME drive that you put in that board. The boards are designed for you to use the built-in heatsinks.

So i have to use the motherboards heatsink?? maybe not provide adequate cooling for an MP600 Pro XT SSD.

i dont know...and the design of mp600 heatsink is so cool to remove it 😞

I installed mine without that cover. I actually found it better as the chipset can breath better now so getting lower temps all round. 

Not worried about asthetics of the missing plastic cover as my 5000X case side panel does a good job of hiding it anyway.

My advise to you is to keep the heatsink on the SSD but if you really want the cover back on then the motherboards heatsink will work but obviously not as good.

16 minutes ago, Georgi73 said:

I installed mine without that cover. I actually found it better as the chipset can breath better now so getting lower temps all round. 

Not worried about asthetics of the missing plastic cover as my 5000X case side panel does a good job of hiding it anyway.

My advise to you is to keep the heatsink on the SSD but if you really want the cover back on then the motherboards heatsink will work but obviously not as good.

i Understand!! what if i cut the cover in that point?

On 11/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, aleo13 said:

i Understand!! what if i cut the cover in that point?

Cutting it is an option if done neatly and will work however it will most probably be noticed from a future buyer if you plan to sell it

the large heatsink is a double edged sword. it evacuates heat better, but it also captures the GPU heat more easily.

the default heatsink will receive a bit of air from the chipset fan, it should work alright 🙂