Corsair Community

LT100 Tower Order Recognition in iCUE

I just set up the LT100 starter kit. iCUE sees them as Tower 2 and Tower 3, not Tower 1 and Tower 2 for some reason. I've already switched the towers to opposite bases and that had no effect. It's not a huge deal, but I suspect it's impacting how some game integrations send lighting effects to the towers. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a bug since cue 4 was introduced. If you look at the patch notes for 4.17 it lists the fix finally has been implemented. However, it seems this also knocks out tower #2 and you are left with a 1 tower system. Running the wizard will crash the program. If you want LT100 functionality, I strongly suggest you stay on 4.16 or earlier. 

As for the #2/#3 thing, it should not impact SDK game implementation, but most often the towers are reversed and you need to swap them in the software. It’s interesting it does not mess it up, which suggests maybe the towers are known as left/right in the programming. Perhaps someone else can verify, but the 2/3 bug has been around so long I forgot about it until the 4.17 problem. 

Edited by c-attack

19 hours ago, c-attack said:

This has been a bug since cue 4 was introduced. If you look at the patch notes for 4.17 it lists the fix finally has been implemented. However, it seems this also knocks out tower #2 and you are left with a 1 tower system. Running the wizard will crash the program. If you want LT100 functionality, I strongly suggest you stay on 4.16 or earlier. 

As for the #2/#3 thing, it should not impact SDK game implementation, but most often the towers are reversed and you need to swap them in the software. It’s interesting it does not mess it up, which suggests maybe the towers are known as left/right in the programming. Perhaps someone else can verify, but the 2/3 bug has been around so long I forgot about it until the 4.17 problem. 

Hello c-attack,

Any you chance you know where I'd be able to downgrade to 4.16.187? Seems like I got hit with this tower #2 bug and it doesn't show up on the wizard.

With CUE 4 you can now roll backwards, as long as you have the previous installer.  Uninstall CUE 4.17 normally, but make sure you DO NOT check the boxes to delete settings and profiles.  CUE 4 keeps your previous profile installs in a separate folder in the App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder called CUE back up.  When you reinstall the previous version, it will load that automatically.  

If you don't have the installer, you may need to get it from a reputable 3rd party hosting site.  Corsair does not keep them available publicly, but there is also a trick you can do by substituting the exact file number into the following.  That should be the one for public 4.16.194 but changing the version number will also allow you to download some older CUE 4 versions.  You can check your version history at C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE Backup.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.16.194_release.msi

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thanks c-attack! Going back to 4.16.194 fixed my LT100 issues, hopefully the next iCUE version can fix this bug.

Hi - just checking this thread now after awhile.

This is all very stupid, imo, that Corsair can't get some basic functionality going with a $130 LIGHT POST, and then once they fix it, proceed to break it even more!

Anyway - thank you, c-attack. On top of it all I did experience the 4.17 bug you mentioned, so I really appreciate the help in rolling iCUE back. I'm to where I started, but I'm over the tower order number now.

I think the tower renaming bugs the configuration file.  It is possible a full clean install (and re-import of all profiles plus set-up again) on 4.17 will resolve the tower crash issue. I am straightened out now, but it's likely easier to roll back to 4.16 unless you have another pressing issue that is addressed on 4.17.