Corsair Community

Can a CoCoXT or CoPRO have connected fans in separate groups controlled by different Temp Probes?

Ca1ibos

Can a CoCoXT or CoPRO have connected fans in separate groups controlled by different Temp Probes?

So Say I had 2 case intake fans and 4 case exhaust fans connected to a CoCoXT or a CoPRO, could I have the two Case intake fans feeding my GPU cool air be controlled by the Temp Probe I would place on the GPU heatsink independently of the 4 exhaust fans controlled by the Temp Probe I would place on the 'Hot' side of my 360mm Radiator?

Ideally the Case fans feeding the GPU Cool air would be stopped and only come on when the GPU heated up and its own fans started spinning under load. Similarily, the exhaust fans would be low RPM until such time as there was load on the CPU and the Radiator started dumping more hot air into the case whereupon the case exhaust fans would increase RPM's.

You can set up multiple fan curves using any of the 4 temp probes on the Com Pro or 2 on the Core XT.  So fan 1 and fan 2 can both use Temp #1 as the control variable, but you can create different curves for them based on that value.  You certainly can do them in standard groups as well with Fans 1-2-3 running on a curve based on Temp 1 and Fans 4-5-6 using a curve based on Temp 2.  The only thing you can't do here is have 1 fan curve respond to multiple control variables, so not temp 1 and 2.  

Edited by c-attack

46 minutes ago, c-attack said:

You can set up multiple fan curves using any of the 4 temp probes on the Com Core or 2 on the XT.  So fan 1 and fan 2 can both use Temp #1 as the control variable, but you can create different curves for them based on that value.  You certainly can do them in standard groups as well with Fans 1-2-3 running on a curve based on Temp 1 and Fans 4-5-6 using a curve based on Temp 2.  The only thing you can't do here is have 1 fan curve respond to multiple control variables, so not temp 1 and 2.  

I assume you meant to say Com Pro rather than Com Core. A Commander Core doesn't have any temp probes does it?

I think I have it straight in my head now. I was actually only asking about Temp Probes because I also intend to use an Aida64 Sensor panel on this build and I heard iCUE and Aida64 conflict and don't play nice. Turns out the conflicts are caused by them both trying to use the same instance of the CPUID protocol and its only for the Corsair 'i' products. Given I don't want to display data about my AIO water temps or a Corsair 'i' PSU or Commander devices etc on my sensor panel, well apparently I can de-select them from monitoring in the Aida64 preferences and the conflicts are erased and iCUE and Aida64 co-exist peacefully. from then on. Certainly don't need to worry about the CPU overhead of iCUE running with a 5900X with 12c16t and turning down the iCUE Hardware monitoring Polling rate should deal with any stutters if they occur. So I actually am happy to leave iCUE always running straight from startup and thus don't need to base fan profiles off of CoCoXT or CoPRO temp probes in order to maintain temp fan control in Hardware mode with iCUE off. Instead I can base my group profiles off of my AIO Water temp for my Radiator fans and 4 exhaust fans and GPU on-die Temp sensor for my 2 case Intake fans.

This means I can choose the Elite Capellix H150i as my AIO instead of the other option which was the €13 cheaper H150i RGB Pro XT, because the EC H150i already comes with a CoCo so I don't have to buy one.

Yes, Commander Pro for 4.  Too many interrelated product names and my predictive text can't handle it.  

Getting AIDA to play along side CUE is difficult.  I can get HWiNFO to do so, but AIDA tends to cause some quirks with data in both apps.  I stopped trying a ways back.  Someone else may have had more luck.