Corsair Community

CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES™ H150I RGB ELITE CAPELLIX 360MM Fans

jimninetoes

I am not sure if this question has been asked before but i want to add on fans which are similar to those that come with the CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES™ H150I RGB ELITE CAPELLIX 360MM so that i may connect them to the same PWM splitter. looking at the website i am not sure which is the one that i may use.

thanks

You can connect all 6 fans to the pwm side (speed) and control those in the icue. But on the rgb side (color) you can only connect fans of one series.

There are now several fans that match the lighting color/temperature and design.  

1) The fans that come with the original Elite AIO coolers (8 LED center hub mount).  We were calling those ML-Elite for the past year, but will probably need a new name to differentiate them from the newly release version with the same name.  I guess I'll try ML-E (OEM) for now.  These may be available as a replacement part.

2) SP-Elite fans - These are the case fans that come with the newer models.  Also 8 center mounted LEDs and a match.  The new airflow vane design. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-SP-RGB-ELITE-Series-Fans/p/CO-9050109-WW

3) The new ML-Elite - 8 LED center mount, airflow vanes, 7 blades, new frame design. https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Fans/Magnetic-Levitation-Fans/iCUE-ML-RGB-ELITE-Premium-PWM-Magnetic-Levitation-Fan/p/CO-9050112-WW

Technically the SP-Pro is a LED/RGB match as well, but it is a DC 3 pin motor that will not be controllable by your Commander Core.  You don't want this when there are equal PWM options available.  The lighting for all should be the same.  In theory, the ML-Elite and ML-OEM will be better on a radiator.  The SP-Elite could be less noisy as a standard case fan.  I think it's splitting hairs unless the intended use is on thicker radiators or some other restrictive application.  

Edited by c-attack