Corsair Community

Corsair K100 Optical - Ghosting trouble(key wont register till release and re-press)

I have this strange issue with Corsair K100 Optical switch version. While playing FPS games, sometimes, suddenly the forward motion of player stops, even though W key remains firmly pressed.

I have to release the W key, and press again to keep going forward.

Further, sometimes pressing R key to reload doesn't work and have to press R again to reload.

This is really annoying, and I hope, this is some software trouble, developed, like 3 months after using the keyboard.

Edited by thegr8_sid

• Corsair Employees

Hi thegr8_sid,

We would first suggest you try a soft-reset of the keyboard. This will clear the keyboard internal memory, which often corrects issues such as the one you are experiencing. Please follow the directions below:

1: Unplug the keyboard.

2: Press the Esc key

3: While holding the Esc key, plug in the keyboard.

4: Hold the key down for 10 seconds.

5: Release the key.

Already reset the keyboard using above method thrice. I also manually flashed the latest firmware again twice, but to no avail.

This problem occurs suddenly and in game, as if "W" key has locked at off state and won't reset till release and repress. Tried to capture over an image and video. Please check attachment.

What bothers me is that earlier this used to happen once a week and now happens once or twice a day.

IMG_0306(1).JPEG

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting

On 11/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, Corsair Blade said:

Hi thegr8_sid,

We would first suggest you try a soft-reset of the keyboard. This will clear the keyboard internal memory, which often corrects issues such as the one you are experiencing. Please follow the directions below:

I was expecting a reply to my last post.

• Corsair Employees

I was expecting

On 11/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, Corsair Blade said:

Hi thegr8_sid,

I was expecting a reply to my last post.

Hi thegr8_sid

Sincere apologies for the delay experienced in forum response time. I have converted this into a technical support ticket on your behalf since this is a more complex issue than we can look at in the forums. Please keep an eye on your email for something from our Tech Support team, who should be reaching out to you soon.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...