Corsair Community

iCUE 4 Compatible devices not working and other issues

StickerGamer

With the update from iCUE 3 to 4, I've had to troubleshoot a lot and yet have not found any solution. So, while my K95 Platinum XT keyboard lighting works, it was an hassle to get it to work properly. There are 2 options Lighting effects and Hardware lighting. I had to apply the same lighting to both options because if not, it wouldn't work.

Then I also have 2 Sticks of Vengeance Red Led Ram. And for those 2, I cannot get any lighting to work properly. I change the lighting options on iCUE and it doesn't change. I restart the iCUE software and then it works. After a reboot of the PC, it stops working again.

I have checked the list of compatible devices and sure enough my devices are listed. I have uninstalled iCUE, deleted any files related to it and then reinstalled again but that didn't work either. Repairing the iCUE software was promising at first as I changed the options and it was instantly applied but after a PC reboot it stopped again.

I hope that this can be resolved or I will be forced to go back to iCUE 3 because it seems that iCUE 4 is a broken mess.

Most devices have two separate modes.  The "lighting effects" tab sets the color scheme for when the software is running (software mode).  The Hardware lighting tab sets the lighting for CUE is not running (hardware mode).  This is true for both CUE 3 and 4.  However, be aware when setting these up most devices in CUE 4 will now preview the HW lighting scheme on the actual devices to show you what it will look like (or thereabouts).  This can be confusing if you are not expecting it or leave the CUE window open in that preview mode.  The Platinum K95 XT is definitely supported.  Set the Lighting Effects tab for your profile first.  Then set up any hardware lighting you want when CUE is not running (boot, shutdown, etc.).  You will need to save the HW Lighting to the KB from the Devices tab and one of the 5 save slots.  

I am not sure about the Vengeance single color LED RAM.  You are correct and it is not listed as "unsupported" for CUE 4, but I somewhat expected it to be.  This is the first time I remember the single color modules coming up.  I'll ask around.  Another possible problem is 3rd party or MB RGB software interfering with communication.  I am not sure which board/program you are using, but this is a common issue for many users on RGB RAM.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, c-attack said:

Most devices have two separate modes.  The "lighting effects" tab sets the color scheme for when the software is running (software mode).  The Hardware lighting tab sets the lighting for CUE is not running (hardware mode).  This is true for both CUE 3 and 4.  However, be aware when setting these up most devices in CUE 4 will now preview the HW lighting scheme on the actual devices to show you what it will look like (or thereabouts).  This can be confusing if you are not expecting it or leave the CUE window open in that preview mode.  The Platinum K95 XT is definitely supported.  Set the Lighting Effects tab for your profile first.  Then set up any hardware lighting you want when CUE is not running (boot, shutdown, etc.).  You will need to save the HW Lighting to the KB from the Devices tab and one of the 5 save slots.  

I am not sure about the Vengeance single color LED RAM.  You are correct and it is not listed as "unsupported" for CUE 4, but I somewhat expected it to be.  This is the first time I remember the single color modules coming up.  I'll ask around.  Another possible problem is 3rd party or MB RGB software interfering with communication.  I am not sure which board/program you are using, but this is a common issue for many users on RGB RAM.  

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your response.

I managed to get the keyboard to display colors correctly, but I must admit that both the "Lighting effects" and "Hardware lighting" confused me a lot. I also managed to save the configuration to the on-board memory.

As for the RAM, even after the most recent ICUE 4 update, I am still having problems getting the effects to display on boot. I have an ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING Motherboard but RGB software is currently not installed as it saves the lighting configuration on an on-board memory.

What I have noticed is that when I close ICUE and relaunch it again a few times, sometimes the RAM lighting starts working properly. So afterwards, I tested setting ICUE to launch as a task in the Task Scheduler and gave it the Highest Privileges (Run as Administrator). After doing this, the RAM lighting effects started working correctly on almost every boot but now my macros on my keyboard were no longer working.

Might this be an issue regarding ICUE privileges? Or is it something related to how the ICUE does it launching sequence on Windows boot?

I really do hope this can be fixed, and I'll wait for the next update to see if there is any fix but if not I will have to go back to the old ICUE because having the RAM LEDs always breathing is kind of distracting considering that all other components have static lighting.

Once again, thank you for your response.