Corsair Community

Where to mount Commander Core in a Crystal 680x case?

Innkeeper

Hey all,

Got my shiny new PC kit and putting it all together. I have an unexpected challenge. Has anyone else had to mount a Commander Core unit inside a Crystal 680x case?

The Commander Core comes with the H150i Elite Capellix AIO and is necessary for fan control. But the reverse side of the 680x case (where cabling/PSU happens) is so full of grommets, cutouts, and raised metalwork that there is nowhere to mount the Commander Core. I may have to resort to sticking it to the inside base or front of the base, where cable access will be very tricky.

Interested to hear from anyone else who has done this and found a solution! Can try and grab some photos later if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Here's a photo of the issue. Holding the Commander Core right up against the PSU so the size isn't skewed by perspective too much. You can see there's no "uncluttered" area of the back plane to affix the Core to! P.S. apologies for cable spaghetti, halfway through build....Any advice much appreciated!

680x_vs_commander_core.jpg

when i was using this case, i had the copro and one hub stuck on the front grid to your left on the picture, with the double sided tape. this vented panel serves no purpose since the psu pulls fresh air from the side panel. use that real estate without mercy 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah, that's pretty much the space I ended up using. However, I think it might be tricky to change some of the connections with the Commander Core stuck permanently in that position......so for the moment, I have used several blobs of Blu-Tac to stick it to the grid 😀 It's not very robust or elegant, but seems to work! Might try to come up with a better solution later (maybe velcro tape?)

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...