Corsair Community

Constant speed on H150i RGB PRO XT

Overnerfed

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem!  The fans were stuck at 300RPM and my CPU was getting hot. . .  I re-installed iCue and now the fans are at 1250 RPM no matter what: the CPU can heat up, I can change the profile. . .the fans always stay constant at 1250.  Very frustrating.  I can change the pump RPM by changing the profile though

You need to show your fan curve if not using one of the presets.  Also, be wary of using other monitoring software at the same time as CUE.  HWiNFO and AIDA are common conflicts and loss of fan control is a definite possibility.  

If Aida is locking up CUE, you normally get garbage data or missing UI elements. Just installed is not enough. It has to be running and trying access the Corsair devices. 

The zero fan setting can be difficult to use for troubleshooting and not all fans will respond to it. Try using a custom curve or the fixed PWM% option within to test for control. Make sure to change the sensor variable to H150i Temp and you can use the shape tools in the corner to replicate the three presets (quiet/balanced/extreme) but now you can see the control points. 

And if you select fixed RPM or fixed PWM %?

• Corsair Employees

Are you using the default fans that came with the cooler or did you change them out for another type of fan?

Ok. . . for anyone else reading this in the future or tracking it, I was able to fix my issue of constant (low) fan speed that was causing my brand new CPU to get up to 100 degrees.  I manually updated the firmware using the file linked below.  It was an "update" to the same version I already had, but maybe something had gotten corrupted.  Either way, fans and profiles are now back to normal, respond to my inputs, respect the profile that I set (Balanced, Extreme, etc.) and best of all, my brand new CPU is not getting very hot at all now.

Here's the link to the instructions and the file, I didn't need to go into Safe Mode, it just worked in the normal iCue software.  I did have to rename the file from .hex to .bin in order for iCue to find it.  I was concerned that it was a bad file of some kind, but it passed inspection.  For all I know, I have now installed a virus on my AIO, but since I wasn't getting much support from Corsair and my CPU was constantly throttling, I was pretty desperate.  Ymmv. . . . 

Link: 

45 minutes ago, Overnerfed said:

only similar on my list is H150i RGB PRO XT Cpu.

It's only calling it that because you renamed the liquid/coolant temp as "cpu" in the sensor panel above.  That is the still the liquid temp and the fan curve is set correctly.  However, no all fans like to be shutoff with a PWM signal.  It's possible that is the issue in play.  Try upping the zero line to 400 rpm or so and check if that makes a difference.  Are these the same fans that came with the cooler or something else?

1 hour ago, Overnerfed said:

I have SP120 LED RGB on the cooler.

Ah, well there we go.  Those are 3 pin DC fans.  The AIO controller is PWM and thus supplies a constant 12v.  Any DC fan connected to a PWM controller will run max speed all the time.  

You will not be able to control them with the AIO fan controller.  The SP120 (4 LED) is the original RGB fan.  It is half in the prior generation of products.   You can either connect them to your motherboard fan headers which likely do have 3 pin DC voltage fan control or you can replace them with a preferable PWM fan.  The ML-Pro, ML-Elite, SP-Elite, LL, and QL fans are all PWM and will work.  If you decide to upgrade the RGB fans, pick based on the RGB design you prefer.  All of them will be advanced over the early SP120-RGB, but have different appearances. ML-SP-Elite fans are 8 center mounted LEDs.  The QL and LL are ring design.