Corsair Community

M65 Ultra keeps being dropped from iCue v4.16.194

Every now and again my M65 Ultra wired mouse is disappearing from iCue v4.16.194. I unplug it and plug it back in and it appears briefly before going again. I have it plugged into a K100 keyboard but moving it to a case USB makes no difference.

I can make it return by unplugging both K100 USBs on the motherboard IO and plugging back in or doing a system reboot but then it will go off again at some point. Why is it happening, iCue issue or Windows? (Windows 10 latest revision).

If iCUE is not running, does the mouse still disconnect? Try disabling iCUE from startup using the task manager. If iCUE is not running and the mouse is still acting strange, you may need to update your mouse firmware.

It's disconnecting from iCue, it still works as a mouse without iCue. But it disappears from the iCue panel and reverts to hardware lighting so it is not displaying my chosen profile. I unplug it and plug it back in and it briefly shows on the iCue panel then goes again. All firmware is up to date.

• 4 months later...

This is still happening, I have the mouse now plugged into my K100 keyboard and at least twice a day I get the disconnect chime the mouse isn't recognised and then a second later the chime again and it works again. This is annoying as it can happen any time. It at least regains it's iCue settings when reconnecting but why does it's lose it's connection?

How many devices, total, do you have connected to USB besides the keyboard and mouse? Not just external but internal USB also.

Also, how much RGB would you happen to be running?

Posted (edited)

External USB : Corsair Keyboard, Corsair mouse, Corsair Void headphones Wifi dongle and Corsair ST100 headphone stand and Xbox controller wifi.

RGB : Corsair Vengeance RAM, 8x LL120 RGB fans.

Internal USB : 2x Lighting Node Pro for the fans, 1x USB for my NZXT Z53 AIO. These are plugged into a powered USB hub (NZXT).

Ps. This was happening before the headphones, stand and controller were purchased and used.

Edited by FourWheelDrift

And what port is the mouse connected to? Is it on the rear I/O? If so, is it a USB 2 or USB 3 port?

Also, does it happen if you turn the lighting for the fans off?

It's plugged into the K100 keyboard now and had been since I started getting the problem in November so that when it drops and if it doesn't reconnect I can unplug it and plug it back in easily. Previously into a USB port on the rear IO and it was dropped completely from iCue. Now plugged into the keyboard it just disconnects and immediately reconnects, maybe 2 or 3 times a day and in close succession, then doesn't happen again. This has only been happening recently too whilst plugged into the keyboard. When I moved it from the rear IO to the keyboard it appeared to solve the issue, but over the past week or so it's come back.