Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM DDR5 RGB Memory

• Corsair Employees

Hey everyone,

We're excited to present to you another masterpiece in our lineup of memory products that will stand alone in a class of its own - the DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5. Optimized for Intel motherboards, you'll be able to push the limits of your next-gen system performance and setup with DDR5. Here are a few quick highlights:

• Faster processing, rendering, and buffering than ever before - take your PC computing to another level 
  • Patented CORSAIR DHX cooling to keep both IC and PCB ground plan temperatures down, ensuring reliable and consistent high performance.
  • Equipped with 12 individually addressable CAPELLIX RGB LEDs that are 60% brighter and more efficient, 35% longer-lasting, and more color-accurate than standard LEDs - each DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB module stands out with vibrant, customizable lighting and unique iCUE lighting effects
  • Take full advantage of XMP 3.0 and fine-tune your DOMINATOR PLATINUM's performance via our iCUE software - even allowing you to save separate performance profiles so you can switch accordingly for different applications/tasks.* 

Click on the following for more information: First Edition, BlackWhite. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What voltages will DDR5 use?
A: DDR5 will have lower, more flexible power usage and will go down to just 1.1V

Q: Can I combine multiple kits of CORSAIR DDR5 memory?
A: You can buy multiple kits of CORSAIR DDR5 memory, but we do not recommend combining them, as our memory kits are only validated for their rated performance when using only the modules provided within that specific kit.

Q: Does DDR5 have XMP or Extreme Memory Profile?
A: Yes! DDR5 employs a new specification, XMP 3.0, while DDR4 remains on XMP 2.0

For more FAQs, please refer to our DDR5 Memory FAQ Thread and to our DDR5 Memory Blog.

1251182406_DDR5DOMINATORPLATINUM.gif.c8c04f6b84a2e0e4b3c3c049998d4076.gif

*XMP Profile Manager will be available in Q4 2021, and availability depends on motherboard BIOS support. 

We're excited for the future, and we hope you are too! Let us know your thoughts and comments down below!

• Like 2

Height? I hope 53mm or less for a upcoming build.

Edited by Strolla

On 11/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, Dude_Bro said:

Hi.  Will this be restocked soon? 

Same! The only thing missing for my 12900k build is the DDR5 memory. To be fair, it's all brands at this point - not a single stick of DDR5 can be found in stock at a retailer in Australia.

I was a very lucky boy and got probably the last 2x16GB 5200/CL36 Dominator Platinum RGB FE Kit from Corsair Europe. (Disappeared off the site straight after)

Ended up cancelling my Alderlake order but my DDR5 had already shipped and been delivered to me in Wicklow in Ireland. 

There was a very lucky boy in Donegal Ireland who got probably the last available 2x16GB 5200/CL36 Dominator Platinum RGB FE Kit.....

Yeah, another Lucky Sod dug deep into Google search results looking for any Corsair Dom Plat RGB DDR5 and found ME. DM'd me on Reddit and we did a deal. Sent him the Ram from the other side of the country and he had it in his hands less than 24 hours later. Very happy chappy he was! Unlike so many other unfortunate Alderlake buyers he certainly won't be waiting on Ram and can build his system straight away.

Luck of the Irish I guess!! LOL.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees
On 11/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, Ca1ibos said:

I was a very lucky boy and got probably the last 2x16GB 5200/CL36 Dominator Platinum RGB FE Kit from Corsair Europe. (Disappeared off the site straight after)

Ended up cancelling my Alderlake order but my DDR5 had already shipped and been delivered to me in Wicklow in Ireland. 

There was a very lucky boy in Donegal Ireland who got probably the last available 2x16GB 5200/CL36 Dominator Platinum RGB FE Kit.....

Yeah, another Lucky Sod dug deep into Google search results looking for any Corsair Dom Plat RGB DDR5 and found ME. DM'd me on Reddit and we did a deal. Sent him the Ram from the other side of the country and he had it in his hands less than 24 hours later. Very happy chappy he was! Unlike so many other unfortunate Alderlake buyers he certainly won't be waiting on Ram and can build his system straight away.

Luck of the Irish I guess!! LOL.

What a journey for that FE kit! Out of curiosity, why'd you cancel your Alder Lake order?

On 11/11/2021 at 2:29 AM, max247 said:

Any news on the DDR 5 6400 kits 

Not at the moment, sorry!

On 11/11/2021 at 4:10 AM, slicker55 said:

When will 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 5200Mhz (CMT32GX5M2B5200C38) be available to purchase in the UK?

Unfortunately, I do not have a firm restock date. I strongly suggest signing up for the restock notification, so you'll be able to immediately know firsthand.

23 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

What a journey for that FE kit! Out of curiosity, why'd you cancel your Alder Lake order?

Not at the moment, sorry!

Unfortunately, I do not have a firm restock date. I strongly suggest signing up for the restock notification, so you'll be able to immediately know firsthand.

Already owned a 5900X/Strix-F X570/4x8GB 3600C18 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro/RTX3090. Got caught up in the Alderlake Hype and rather than buying my brother a 12600K and mid/low (if you can call them that) Z690 board as planned I decided to order myself a 12900K/Asus Maximus Hero/and the DDR5 we've just been talking about. Actually ordered the 5200C38 from the same vendor as the CPU and board but found the C36 FE kit on the Corsair site for about €40 cheaper so promptly cancelled the other kit from the Vendor. However, because of the Z690 Launch day stock issues I was able to read and watch reviews before my order had shipped and had time to talk some sense into myself! LOL.

The performance jump and lead over Ryzen 9 was just not worth the massive platform change cost to me. Had to keep my promise to my brother and give him my 5900x though. I'll pick myself up a 6900x 3D V-Cache early next year and handicap my RTX3090 with my old 6700K/Z170-A in the mean-time. LOL. So the cost to me now is a more suitable Strix mITX B550 board and 2x16GB 3600C18 Vengeance LPX for the brothers build and the 6900X V-Cache. Presume prices will be similar to the 5900X so I expect to have spent about €800 which is about €700 cheaper than what the €1500 switch to Alderlake was going to cost me. Once I get the 6900x out comes the 6700K/Z170-A and back in will go my Strix-F X570/4x8GB 3600C18 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro to join my RTX3090 in my O11 Dynamic XL Case again.

Edited by Ca1ibos
  • Like 1

I don't understand why DDR5 are not yet for sale.

Alder lake are out, Motherboard are out..... but no DDR5 available. So my CPU and MOBO stand on my desk waiting for DDR5 to arrive. it's stupid. the 3 must go together.

Why  the industry is releasing products on different timeframe now? It make no sense!!!

Then at release, everyone will jump on. Scalpers and bots will  buy all the stock and we're gonna be forced to buy the RAM a double the retail price.

Edited by Evolution

I have similar sentiments — have all components for new Alderlake but DDR5.  Concerned that my return window and warranty period clock ticking while no DDR5 available.   I called a few US resellers and I was told Corsair hadn’t provided any restock dates at all.  Crucial/others don’t have it available either.  Samsung, Micron, SK Hynix all make DDR5 so weird no one has it out after their launch dates other than what may have been launch samples.

This product launch turned into a bait-n-wait event.  Hopefully some availability will emerge in December in volume.  Just venting, but maybe remove “The wait is over” out of the DDR5 launch promotional video….

this situation is ridiculous... it seems that DDR5 is experiencing the same GPU problems...
I have all the components, MOBO, CPU, AIO, but I lack the memory.

it's incredible that corsair does not even know when the next restock will happen...
will it be a serious restock or will it last 30 seconds like it happened for the GPUs?

I was able to order a 32GB DDR5 C38 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB kit in France on Monday. Already on the way to Germany but you also have to use ColisExpat. I have now paid a total of 401.86 Euro for it shipping included. Admittedly a fairly high rate but with the current availability better than nothing. It was sold out quickly and the delivery time is now back to the end of December.

https://www.rueducommerce.fr/p-memoire-ddr5-corsair-dominator-platinum-rgb-corsair-3345724-18377.html?articleOfferId=24439978

Edited by Max2021

I can't find anything on europe, worst launch ever.

the wait is over? seriously?

38 minutes ago, sblantipodi said:

I can't find anything on europe, worst launch ever.

the wait is over? seriously?

Europe hasn't been singled out as special... I suspect there was only a handful of kits sent to Australia for the launch (and I further suspect most of those went to reviewers). One kit was snapped up by a serial scalper and has appeared locally on eBay for 2.8 times the retail price ($AUD1500). Also, unlike Europe or the US, Australian residents don't have the luxury of ordering directly from Corsair's official site and are left to the peril of local retailers. (I have a fully watercooled 12900k/RTX 3090/ASUS Z690 Hero rig sitting here just waiting for some RAM to drop in.)

Please - Corsair, can you officially state whether there is a shortfall in manufacturing, a hiccup forecasting demand or simply a logistics issue causing the lack of supply. I doubt it is logistics as we are swimming in all flavours of Corsair DDR4 memory at local Aussie retailers.

• Corsair Employees
1 hour ago, Robertst57 said:

Hello

I bought the famous DDR5 Dominator BUT they are not detected into ICUE software ! I don't know what to do anymore. Could you help me please ?

regards

Sorry you're having trouble Robertst57, if possible - can you let me know what operating system you are using as well as iCUE software version? Also what type of motherboard you may be using.

Besides updating BIOs and making sure everything else in your setup is connected and working properly - we have this update in regards to ASUS DDR5 motherboards and it follows: 

Please enable SPD Write in the BIOS if iCUE is not detecting DDR5 memory modules. Asus DDR5 motherboards defaults SPD Write to disable - this causes iCUE to be unable to communicate with DDR5 memory modules. Customers can find SPD Write setting in AI Tweaker (AI Tweaker -> Tweakers Paradise -> SPD Write Disable = False).

We are currently working with Asus to have SPD Write defaults to enable, just like how it is implemented on all of their DDR4 motherboards. This will be included in newer BIOS releases.

Let me know how this works for you.

• Like 1

On the video that introduces the dominator platinum is written: "the wait is over" but they still be out of stock in the entire world.

I have components getting the dust because I lack DDR5.

Can Corsair tell us how much we should wait for that memory? Please tell me if I need to wait months because if this is the truth I will sell all  my components on ebay and that's it.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:09 AM, sblantipodi said:

On the video that introduces the dominator platinum is written: "the wait is over" but they still be out of stock in the entire world.

I have components getting the dust because I lack DDR5.

Can Corsair tell us how much we should wait for that memory? Please tell me if I need to wait months because if this is the truth I will sell all  my components on ebay and that's it.

Although Corsair has failed to answer (I previously asked the same question), the main component of DDR5 DIMMs, the PMIC (Power Management Integrated Circuit) faces severe shortage, as reported by 12chip. The current lead time for these chips is estimated to be about 35 weeks.