Corsair Community

Hydro X XD7 pump not working when connect to Commander Pro

rpsbrbrasil

Just installed Hydro X XD7 pump on GPU and CPU. The pump worked fine while I was testing it for leaks, however, when I put it on the commander pro and turned the PC on, it didn't seem to be working. First I got a message saying "CPU FAN ERROR" and none of my fans were recognized. So disabled the CPU error message by putting "Ignore" in the bios. Ok. Windows loads perfectly, and it does run old games as usual. But with newer games, when the GPU temps gets to 64-65c, it cuts my fps immediately to almost 10-5. Before I had this cooling system, my GPU would perfectly get tp 75-78c and run games at 60+fps. 

I also upgraded my PSU to a 1000W for this build (before I was using a 780W); not sure if that's what's causing the issue. Anyone help? 

What have you set on the Commander Pro (CoPro)? Normally, if you connect the temperature probe from the XD7 to "Temp 1" on the CoPro and the PWM from the XD7 on "Fan port 6" you should get the "Hydro X" Expert displayed the next time you boot the system. Have you plugged the CoPro's USB cable to a spare USB port on your motherboard? Also, make sure you have the fan port you are using on the CoPro configured as "4 pin" not "Auto".

Although I don't use Hydro X parts, I do use Commander Pro's in my systems. On the CoPro, I configure the fan port as "4 pin", I use a Bitspower temperature probe (I base my radiator fan curves off the coolant temperature) and the pump's PWM to a fan port I configure to a steady 50% PWM cycle.

PS. I doubt your PSU has anything to do with your issue.

CPU fan error is normal when nothing is on cpu fan. Everyone with custom water cooling has to disable it. 

The pump should never stop and you can’t manually make it do so. What kind of liquid temps do you see?  As mentioned above, make sure you set the Commander pro header with the pump to “4 pin”. It’s just a tachometer/PWM wire so the auto-detect looking for the 12v wont detect it. 

Are you sure on the performance drops? The gpu responds to temps only, so if you are 15C less it should not throttle. However, gpu model may matter. If you are on a 3000 series you need to be aware of multiple gpu temps. Use one of the GPU tuners or HWinfo to see VRAM, hotspot, or other data for the gpu. If you didn’t get good contact with some of the gpu pads, the memory or something else may trigger a heavy throttle even though the main chip temp is ok. This should also show as a large clock speed reduction if it is indeed throttling. 

*When using something like HWiNFO you will need to quit cue before you launch it or disable the monitoring of CUE internal devices like the Commander Pro. 

Edited by c-attack

I unplugged the XD7 from ICUE and just let it run full speed.  Has been doing a good job so far.