Corsair Community

hello

Lou0717

i have an h100i pro rgb and an asus rog strix mobo do i need to disable q fan control ? or does the pump get its power from the sata connector?

its a z390 e gaming

Edited by Lou0717

you don't need to do anything. the 1 pin cable from the pump is plugged into the cpu_Fan connection. This only transmits a rpm signal to the board.

thank you i have had q fan disabled for 1 yr now just disabled it

was that a bad thing? enabled it sorry

Edited by Lou0717

No, nothing happens. "Q fan" only controls the fans that are connected to the board.

But because none are connected, nothing can be regulated 😉

my h100i pro rgb is connected ty

Older or smaller size AIOs often get their power from the MB directly, via the fan header.  Those types require the fan control at 100%/disabled so the pump gets the full 12v it needs.  Any AIO with a SATA connector gets its power from that and the line to CPU fan only acts as a safety feature, alerting you if there is no pump RPM detected.  As mentioned, you don't have to disable Qfan or set it to Full Speed/100%.  Even so, for Asus I usually suggest people do it anyway.  If you use the fan tuning program in the BIOS or AI Suite, it some times can hang longer than necessary trying to figure out what is there.  When disabled, it skips it during tuning.  

Thank you i am not using AI Suite or Q- fan tuning so i should leave bios on default since i do not use x.m.p. or overclock correct?

Then it won't matter if CPU fan with the tachometer sensor from the AIO is set to 100% or left on the default fan profile.  

thanks

😄