Corsair Community

Couple of QoL changes/features I'd love to see being implemented.

CYRO

o7 (salute) all.

I've been a user of iCue for a long time, since times before they added "i" before "Cue" actually. However, it is only in recent times that they have started supporting plugins. To this there are a few things that could've made it better. Here's my suggestions for things to change or add:

• Option to load unsigned/custom plugins without having to modify "dsound.dll". It has it's dangers, sure, but it would allow for many great integrations with lots of diffetent hardware and software.
  • Option to either prevent installation of selectable plugins during setup/update, or disable plugins that are not needed, perhaps via a menu similar to the "Software and Games" tab?
  • Remembering user changes of service settings. Example: Disabling the MSI Plugin Service should keep it disabled after a software update.

Regarding other QoL changes I'd also love to see be implemented/added (outside the scope of plugins):

• Allowing us to rename devices without having to manually edit the "config.cuecfg" file. Also fix remembering these names on reboot for plugin devices.
  • Allowing us to hide the "Scenes" section of the home page. I'd rather see the sensors get more space without having to open the dashboard, since I don't use scenes.
  • Allowing us to save Equalizers in a method similar to "Lighting Library", since you can't copy Equalizers between profiles except if you clone a profile.
  • Allowing us to have separate equalizers for multiple devices. The equalizer I run with sounds great on my Void Pro USB, but on my HS70 Pro Wireless it has too much bass. I switch between the two often due to VR. So, a different equalizer per device instead of one for all would be great.
  • Allowing us to rearrange the devices on the home page.
  • Linux support. I know there's already a thread for it, but it deserves to be said once more.

I hope the fine folks at Corsair sees this and take atleast a few of them into concideration. So far it's been a great software, especially with version 4, but I believe that these changes would make it that much better.

Cheers. 🙂

- CYRO

• Corsair Employees
On 10/26/2021 at 6:20 PM, CYRO said:

o7 (salute) all.

I've been a user of iCue for a long time, since times before they added "i" before "Cue" actually. However, it is only in recent times that they have started supporting plugins. To this there are a few things that could've made it better. Here's my suggestions for things to change or add:

• Option to load unsigned/custom plugins without having to modify "dsound.dll". It has it's dangers, sure, but it would allow for many great integrations with lots of diffetent hardware and software.
  • Option to either prevent installation of selectable plugins during setup/update, or disable plugins that are not needed, perhaps via a menu similar to the "Software and Games" tab?
  • Remembering user changes of service settings. Example: Disabling the MSI Plugin Service should keep it disabled after a software update.

Regarding other QoL changes I'd also love to see be implemented/added (outside the scope of plugins):

• Allowing us to rename devices without having to manually edit the "config.cuecfg" file. Also fix remembering these names on reboot for plugin devices.
  • Allowing us to hide the "Scenes" section of the home page. I'd rather see the sensors get more space without having to open the dashboard, since I don't use scenes.
  • Allowing us to save Equalizers in a method similar to "Lighting Library", since you can't copy Equalizers between profiles except if you clone a profile.
  • Allowing us to have separate equalizers for multiple devices. The equalizer I run with sounds great on my Void Pro USB, but on my HS70 Pro Wireless it has too much bass. I switch between the two often due to VR. So, a different equalizer per device instead of one for all would be great.
  • Allowing us to rearrange the devices on the home page.
  • Linux support. I know there's already a thread for it, but it deserves to be said once more.

I hope the fine folks at Corsair sees this and take atleast a few of them into concideration. So far it's been a great software, especially with version 4, but I believe that these changes would make it that much better.

Cheers. 🙂

- CYRO

Hey CYRO, thank you for being a longtime iCUE user and its great to see you on the forums. I just wnat to say I took the time to read all this and I'll make sure to get the right eyes to see your suggestions as well. Thanks again for your feedback!