Corsair Community

CPU fan error and cpu overheating

Bion

Hello i recently built my pc from start and when i boot it it says "cpu fan error" after a while the computer just shuts down beacuse the cpu overheats, it reaches about 90 C and then shuts down. 

The AIO pump is connected to cpu fan header on the Motherboard. 

Motherboard: Asus rog strix b550-e gaming 

Cpu: Ryzen 9 5900x 

Psu: RM Series™ RM850 — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (EU) 

Cpu Cooler: ICUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid

I hope that this is happening beacuse of a cabel being in the wrong place but please if you have any ideas of what it could be reply.

IMG_20211026_200639.jpg

IMG_20211026_200648.jpg

IMG_20211026_200645.jpg

Unfortunately this likely means there is some type of electrical failure in the pump system.  The CPU boot error comes when the device (the AIO) does not respond to the signal on boot.  That in itself does not mean things are terrible and a kink in that wire would produce the same result.  However, the steady overheat on the BIOS screen is a clear sign there is no moving liquid in the cooler.  You can disable the CPU boot protection in the BIOS, but if it's a dead stop pump then you might have 15-20 seconds at most to get it changed and boot up to check CUE.  I don' think that will happen and you only get one shot at it.  Once you tried and failed, then the liquid around the CPU is sitting at 60-75C and you have to wait for it to cool off to get more than 5 seconds of up time.  

Contact Corsair Support and use any available back up cooling method available.  You won't be able to use the PC until something else in place.  

* A bad SATA connection can cause this on some AIO models, but since you have lights and fan power, we know the Commander Core is getting power.  You could unplug the special wide side connector from pump to Com Core and reconnect it, but that would a lucky break if that's the issue.