Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso and dongle firmware versions mismatch.

Hey, i've bought an Corsair Virtuoso Yesterday as i wanted a headset that could be used both wired and wireless and charged while wired and the Virtuoso was the best option i've had on my webstore, problem is, the headset does not pair with the dongle, they do pair for a moment, then they never pair again, by investigating iCue it seems that the headset is using the version 17.149 but the dongle is on v.16.80 and it won't update any further, is there a fix for this situation can someone send me matching firmware files for the headset and dongle so i can force install them?

• Corsair Employees
On 10/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, AnnoyedToast said:

Hey, i've bought an Corsair Virtuoso Yesterday as i wanted a headset that could be used both wired and wireless and charged while wired and the Virtuoso was the best option i've had on my webstore, problem is, the headset does not pair with the dongle, they do pair for a moment, then they never pair again, by investigating iCue it seems that the headset is using the version 17.149 but the dongle is on v.16.80 and it won't update any further, is there a fix for this situation can someone send me matching firmware files for the headset and dongle so i can force install them?

Hello AnnoyedToast, 

My suggestion is forcing a firmware update to both devices or performing a soft reset, then attempting to see if pairing maintains. If you're still experiencing trouble, please reach out to our support - https://help.corsair.com.

Hey, how exactly do you force a firmware update? I ended up updating my wireless receiver today and now it just blinks a red light, its wireless is no longer working, the USB wireless receiver pairing button is no longer available!

Headset version 0.17.149

Receiver version 5.5.102

Icue Version 4.16.194

Edited by Wildmouse

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 1:50 AM, Wildmouse said:

Hey, how exactly do you force a firmware update? I ended up updating my wireless receiver today and now it just blinks a red light, its wireless is no longer working, the USB wireless receiver pairing button is no longer available!

Headset version 0.17.149

Receiver version 5.5.102

Icue Version 4.16.194

The same happened to me. The headset doesn't pair with the dongle and it can only be due to the update. Does anyone have the previous firmware version? It worked perfectly fine with that one. I would highly appreciate your support. Thank you for your attention ^^

Pd: I can force the usb to update but doesn't do anything and the headset can't even be forced with iCue 4. I tried to force the update changing to iCue 3 but it all remains the same.