Corsair Community

Corsair One i200 Dead

So far my experience with Corsair hasn't been very favorable to say the least. I've been sitting with a dead computer for almost 2 weeks now and their support system SUCKS! I've been instructed to back up my data before sending unit back in their boxes they are supposed to be sending but backing up data is rather difficult with a computer that doesn't work.

• Corsair Employees

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear about your experience thus far.

In your case, it's showing that you were offered (and accepted) a full replacement of the system.

For this process, you would indeed need to make your own arrangements for a data backup if necessary.
As you have indicated that the rest of the system is failing to even power up, it would therefore be necessary to remove the drive and back it up using another computer.

I'm currently looking into the possibility of a System Repair for you instead, but this could take significantly longer than a replacement.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, robsumner said:

So far my experience with Corsair hasn't been very favorable to say the least. I've been sitting with a dead computer for almost 2 weeks now and their support system SUCKS! I've been instructed to back up my data before sending unit back in their boxes they are supposed to be sending but backing up data is rather difficult with a computer that doesn't work.

Get one of these to back up your M.2 SSD to another PC: Amazon.com: M.2 SATA SSD to USB 3.0 External SSD Reader Converter Adapter Enclosure with UASP, Support NGFF M.2 2280 2260 2242 2230 SSD with Key B/Key B+M : Electronics

Has Corsair told you why your computer is dead? Is is due to overheat of the SSD? Or some other components are dead?

There has been a few threads that owners got a replacement but only found their SSD dead in a few month. It seems that we need Corsair to get out of closet and tell us what is going on.