Corsair Community

3 Fan arrangement of the 5000x question.

Hi, this might not be the right place to ask this but I've got a question on the 5000x case fan arrangement so I want the three included fans on the front but buying more fans to use as exhaust fans would make my slightly overbudget built even more overbudget so I was wondering if I could either have the 3 fans of the front and leave the top and back fan mounts unoccupied and not run into thermal issues or would I have to sacrifice one of my front fans to put as an exhaust fan which would bug the heck out of me only having 2 fans on the front so I would just like some advice. Thanks!

with no exhaust fans, the air will get out by whatever openings there are, mostly the back and top anyway 🙂 it should work fine.

The CPU cooler will also help push air to the back exhaust

As for overheating regardless of exhaust fans being present or not, the computer should not overheat. If it does, adding exhaust fans won't magically solve the issue, it would be due to something else.

Just don't enclose your PC in a desk cabinet or push it completely back against a wall or a room corner.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

with no exhaust fans, the air will get out by whatever openings there are, mostly the back and top anyway 🙂 it should work fine.

The CPU cooler will also help push air to the back exhaust

As for overheating regardless of exhaust fans being present or not, the computer should not overheat. If it does, adding exhaust fans won't magically solve the issue, it would be due to something else.

Just don't enclose your PC in a desk cabinet or push it completely back against a wall or a room corner.

Thanks so much man I really appreciate the help ❤️