Corsair Community

Faulty 3200C2PT

Hello.

I believe I have a faulty memory module. After many reboots and random crashes I isolated the problems to the memory. I have run Memtest several times and in various configurations and the same problem arises. Test 5 has hundreds of errors on the same stick while the other reads fine. Tested in another computer as well.

2.5-3-3-8 is the optimized default on this bios

Tested at 2.5-3-3-6 (2.7v) as well.

Tested at slot 2 & 4 and at 1 & 3 as well as singly.

Corsair Platinum Series XMS memory

--CMX512 - 3200C2PT--

--XMS3200 512 MB 400MHz CL2--

Pentium 2.4C (2400)(200)

AbitIC7 (latest bios)

Right now I am running stick 1 in bank 1 and everything is working well.

If I were to RMA this memory I am assuming I would need to send both sticks, however that would leave me with no memory in a computer I need daily.

What would be the drawbacks of only sending in the single stick?

If I were to buy another set while this one was (hopefully) being tested and exchanged then would there be a conflict when new and old were all used upon their return?

Thank you for your time

• Corsair Employees

Well we will be happy to replace the modules, but there are a few different revisions of this module. And with your system all of the modules would need to be the exact same part# and revision or the system may not be stable.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" And talk to them about comming up with some comprmise.

Archived