Corsair Community

HS80 RGB Wireless headset won't work in 'wired mode'. Windows gives "the controller does not have enough resources" error.

Title above. The headset works fine in Wireless mode, but in wired mode I get this error if I try to use it. No sound comes out at all and windows doesn't even register sound being put through the device, even when I have it set as the default audio device. 

it sounds like an USB problem. Sometimes happens when you plug to a USB hub. If you use one have you tried to plug directly to the motherboard?

Maybe also try connecting to a USB2 socket if it doesn't solves it.

8 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

it sounds like an USB problem. Sometimes happens when you plug to a USB hub. If you use one have you tried to plug directly to the motherboard?

Maybe also try connecting to a USB2 socket if it doesn't solves it.

Thanks for the reply.

It's not plugged into any sort of hub or anything, it's plugged directly into the motherboard in the back. My computer has no USB2 slots, it's all just USB3 so the second suggestion isn't really an option.

I don't know the exact Windows error you mention but that's what it reminded me of : 

https://acroname.com/blog/how-many-usb-devices-can-i-connect

Basically, each device uses a certain number of USB endpoints, and those endpoints are limited for each USB port.

Even on the motherboard, going from one USB3 port to the other may solve issues for a device that uses a large number of endpoints, because that socket may be shared with internal devices.

But since i can very likely be totally wrong, maybe you should open a ticket with Corsair support 😛 They will certainly be able to help (at least get the ticket going while waiting if another user has more ideas on the error)

• Like 1