Corsair Community

Asus P4P800 Delux & 4 modules DDR 1GB Corsair VS 400Mhz PC-3200 (VS1GB400C3)

isoft

Hello!

First, please excuse my english... I'm from Russia.

My Problem:

I'm using a ASUS P4P 800 deluxe MB (last bios) with a P4 3.4 GHz (Northwood Core) and my new 4 DDR 1GB Corsair VS 400Mhz PC-3200 (VS1GB400C3) modules , but... system don`t start.

I am hear one beep from MB as under usual start, but video card is not initialized and system does not boot.

Also in my system:

ATI 9800 Pro video card

Avermedia 203 TV Tuner

Creative Audigy 5.1 Sound Card

Adaptec 29160 SCSI Card

I use Delta 300W Power Suplay

I see compatible list, and this memory compatible with this MB.

I use 3 modules, in any slot - system work properly.

Before my upgrade, I use 4x512Mb (16 chips) Hunix memory modules, and my system work on 215MHz without any troubles.

Any Ideas?

best regards,

• Corsair Employees

First thing, with 4 modules your PSU would need to be able to provide 48 Watts just for the memory not including the CPU and other devices in your system, so with the config you gave you really should be using a 450-500 Watt PSU.

German Translation

Erste Sache, mit 4 Modulen Ihre P.S. würde in der LageSEIN müssen, 48 Watt gerade für das Gedächtnis nicht einschließlich der CPU und anderer Vorrichtungen in Ihrem System zur Verfügung zu stellen, also mit den Config, die Sie Sie sollte gaben ein 450-500 Watt P.S. wirklich, verwenden.

French Translation:

La première chose, avec 4 modules votre bloc alim. devrait pouvoir fournir 48 watts de juste pour la mémoire pas comprenant l'unité centrale de traitement et d'autres dispositifs dans votre système, ainsi avec les config que vous vous avez donné vraiment devrait employer un bloc alim. du watt 450-500.

Sorry I cannot translate to Russian.

First thing, with 4 modules your PSU would need to be able to provide 48 Watts just for the memory not including the CPU and other devices in your system, so with the config you gave you really should be using a 450-500 Watt PSU.

Hello!

The Problem turned out to be not in amount of the modules to memories, but in that one of the modules turned out to be off-hour!

P/N this modile 780-0516109-0-441196

The Computer is not boot if in it is installed even 1 this module.

I tested for the other computer - a result similar.

• 2 months later...
Please try your reseller first and see if they will help you, if not please let me know, but you should consider a bigger PSU as well. You may have problems if you dont.

Hello!

Yesterday I have got the module to memories on change and has installed it in computer. The System has orderly earned.

So guilty was exactly module to memories.

Good Luck!

Archived