Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB Double Click issue

this is typically more of a switch failure than a software debouncing problem

you can to an extent reduce the problem by reducing polling rate to a minimum, on iCUE, but it's likely the switches will need to be replaced (or the mouse RMA'ed if it's under warranty)

can't edit.. i wanted to add that it's a plague with all mice manufacturers that use those omron 20 or "50 million clicks" switches. they become intermittent.

By reducing poll rate, you raise your chances for those short contact issues to be not registered by the PC, when you press the button. It could buy you a few weeks or months of use if you set it to 125hz instead of 1000 for example.

Hmm, so there isn't really much to do about it? I've set it to 125hz instead of 1000 which makes it kinda anoying. 
So in this case the mouse is just broken? So after two years of using its like wasted? 

43 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

this is typically more of a switch failure than a software debouncing problem

you can to an extent reduce the problem by reducing polling rate to a minimum, on iCUE, but it's likely the switches will need to be replaced (or the mouse RMA'ed if it's under warranty)

it's really random. my first logitech G502 started having the issue after 4 years, my Corsair nightsword after 6 months, my second G502 may just be starting, not sure yet. i've had it ~6 months too.

For hardware under warranty i wouldn't advise to repair it yourself obviously since you are entitled to get a brand new replacement.

But that mouse will very likely exhibit the same behaviour because they pretty much all use switches not meant to be used with such low voltages and currents as there is in a mouse circuit today.

I personally change the switches myself with models made for microloads (the famous omron D2F-01F that most use as replacement parts for that very issue).

The new M65 Ultra that Corsair just put out uses optical switches, very probably because of the thousands of free mice they have to send through RMA because of that switch problem across all models.

it's very random yes. If the switch was used within its nominal parameters (at least 5v and 1mA) to get reliable operation, it would work for ages.

but mices don't use 5v since like 10 years. funny that you have more chances of having a reliable one if you buy the cheapest e-waste grade office mouse, compared to getting a feature rich gaming mouse with enough buttons for 4 hands and 20000 dpi 🙂

Fortunately, the switches are easy to replace if you are comfortable with a desoldering pump and an iron.