Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Issues

NoahJP

Part Number: CMT32GX4M2D3600C18 (link)

This is a 3600 MHz kit of two 16GB sticks, CAS latency of 18-22-22-42 at 1.35V, version 4.41. 

I purchased this kit used, and after receiving the kit today I installed it into my system. The previous owner claimed no issues with either of the two sticks, however with both sticks installed I got an LED error light on my motherboard for DRAM and a black screen on my monitor. I re-seated both sticks on my motherboard and tried booting again but got the same result. I then powered down and tried booting with only one stick installed, and I discovered that one of the two sticks in my memory kit is faulty. I have successfully booted into Windows with the one good stick, but am disappointed about the other stick not working. 

Is there any way I can get a replacement stick through the RMA process by submitting a ticket? 

Edited by NoahJP

I think they are going to tell you the warranty is not transferable and valid for the original purchaser only. You definitely need the original purchase invoice. 

10 hours ago, NoahJP said:

discovered that one of the two sticks in my memory kit is faulty. I have successfully booted into Windows with the one good stick, but am disappointed about the other stick not working. 

Is there any way I can get a replacement stick through the RMA process by submitting a ticket? 

Two options:

- Contact the seller and tell him one is DOA and he should give you the money back or

- Contact the seller to get the oroginal invoice to start a RMA process