Corsair Community

Broken LED's

boristhemoggy

• Corsair Employees
On 10/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, boristhemoggy said:

5 LED's have proven faulty on my K65 RGB Lux,  does anyone know how to change them?

Hi

First - try the following steps

Please perform a factory reset on your keyboard as per the following instructions:
- unplug the keyboard
- hold the ESC key and reattach the keyboard
- keep the ESC key held for 10 seconds and then release the key

Failing that, I'd recommend contacting support directly here https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Making sure to include a photograph of the information panel on the back of the keyboard.
With that, they can also provide you with a firmware reset.

It's also possible that the LEDs themselves may have worn out - in which case you could also look into warranty options with the support guys if applicable.

I have the same keyboard. Mine did the exact same thing about a week or 2 ago. I tried a number of things including the ESC key reset listed above, uninstalling iCue, disk/registry cleanups, shut downs, etc. 

I don't know what fixed it but this morning I noticed my keyboard was back to normal.

I've done several Windows updates, Logitech G-Hub updates, some game uninstalls. I'm thinking, maybe there is a setting that allowed another program to control my keyboard lighting? The other program was buggy and messed up my keyboard, but it's updated and everything is working. Just a theory. I have no way of knowing what the cause of the red keys was. Logitech's G-Hub updates ALL the time, seems almost weekly, I'm leaning towards that being the culprit. Or a Windows update (I recall there being a .Net update the other day). 

Good luck. Let us know if you get it fixed and how.