Corsair Community

Ability to Use 2 Macros at Once in iCue?

Hello,

I am left-handed. Naturally, when I play games, I tend to rebind my keys to use " p;l' " instead of the standards " wsad " keys. On my previous keyboard (Razer Blackwidow) I was able to rebind all my keys via macros to essentially have the right side mirror the left, so rebinding in-game wasn't necessary.

For Example: Right Shift>Left Shift, P>W, etc.

I tried running a similar configuration in iCue, but it seems that I'm unable to use two macros at a time. This comes to be a problem if I want to do a task such as reload while moving, sprint in a game with shift+W or moving in a diagonal direction, as it requires 2 keys.

Is there something I'm missing within iCue to make this work? Or do their Macros not allow this kind of functionality? Also, if this functionality is not possible, does anyone have any software that they can recommend me? I'm simply looking for a key remapping tool that'll allow multiple keys to be used at once.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Jaxon Jones

• Corsair Employees

You are only able to run a single action at any given time. Pressing another key will immediately cancel the action being used until the key is repressed.

20 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

You are only able to run a single action at any given time. Pressing another key will immediately cancel the action being used until the key is repressed.

I see. And this goes for macros as well as remappings? Just really looking for any potential option. Is there any other software you're aware of that could work as a substitute?

• 1 month later...

Just want to add to this post as I'm a new customer with Corsair and have been googling all sorts about this issue with two macros not working concurrently. It's a limit in iCUE software, and a very frustrating limitation.

There is a solution. reWASD is another software tool for remapping all kinds of controller inputs from gamepads to keyboards to mice. It opens up all the missing functionality in iCUE and more without missing any functions that I've noticed so far. I'm able to run two macros at once now and it maps to all the additional keys/buttons on my mouse and keyboard. reWASD is paid software though to unlock all capabilities.

It's a bit sad really since I got the Dark Core Pro SE and K100, the top of the line products and don't see why such a limitation would exist despite it being reported for years and years now. I came over from Logitech G Hub which has its own limitations (no ability to remap every key on the keyboard, only additional keys) and I'm happy iCUE can do this but now has the issue without being able to run two macros at once. In theory, with reWASD, I could have gone with any brand of keyboard or mouse.

The K100 and Dark Core Pro SE are high quality products though, but iCUE lets it down in library of functionality.