Corsair Community

RGB Warp effect does not have orange

So I tried messing around with the RGB in my fans with iCUE, until I found the color warp that looks pretty good. But after a while I noticed that there is no orange color. Just goes Red, Dark Yellow, Yellow, Green and so on. No actual orange color. I tried to mess with the colors, but it does not seem like yopu can change the clolors of Color Warp. So can this be fixed with a software update or something?

Thanks in advance

It's not a bug (or a rainbow).  The "RGB" LEDs use the three primary LED colors (red, green, blue) and the three secondary or intermediate colors of yellow, cyan, magenta as the 6 presets.  Each is a mathematical division of the color wheel (255/0/0, 255/255/0, 0/255/0, etc,).  Colors like orange are the next division if the color wheel was divided into 12 instead of 6.  

You can program your own color warp with a custom wave and include orange as a specific color point.  The trick is making the tail long enough to cover all fans in the group and then getting your timing/LED speed down so that you seamlessly wrap around to the beginning of the effect.  That will require some experimentation based on your set up.  

Edited by c-attack

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

It's not a bug (or a rainbow).  The "RGB" LEDs use the three primary LED colors (red, green, blue) and the three secondary or intermediate colors of yellow, cyan, magenta as the 6 presets.  Each is a mathematical division of the color wheel (255/0/0, 255/255/0, 0/255/0, etc,).  Colors like orange are the next division if the color wheel was divided into 12 instead of 6.  

You can program your own color warp with a custom wave and include orange as a specific color point.  The trick is making the tail long enough to cover all fans in the group and then getting your timing/LED speed down so that you seamlessly wrap around to the beginning of the effect.  That will require some experimentation based on your set up.  

Thank you. Didn't think of the wave effect when trying to mess with it, but that is great.