Corsair Community

SP RGB Elite fans not lighting up

94burns

Recently bought myself a few corsair products including; 5000D Airflow, h100i capellix and some SP120 RGB elites.

When plugging the sp120s into the cases RGB controller they do not light up.

I have the Capellix plugged into the controller and that lights up fine. The cases controller doesn't show up in ICUE, so not sure if that is the problem. I have tried switching the usb headers but issue still persists.

Only way I can get it to work is plugging the fans RGB into a separate lighting node core.

Is there anyway to get this working with the cases controller to avoid using a separate one? thanks

5 hours ago, 94burns said:

When plugging the sp120s into the cases RGB controller they do not light up.

I assume you mean the Lighting Node Core that comes with the case.  It needs both a SATA connection for power and a USB 2 connection for communication.  If you don't see it in CUE, it most likely is having issues with the USB 2 internal port.  If you are using a recent AMD motherboard (X570, B550, etc) you may need additional power for the USB connections in the form of a powered hub.  If using an Intel board this should not be an issue.

Unlike the Commander Core from the AIO kit that auto-detects fans, the rest of the controllers do not.  You will need to go to the lighting set-up tab for the LN Core once it is detected and select "8 LED fan series" and the number of SP-Elites/ML Elites connected to that controller only.