Corsair Community

Corsair ICUE / RGB Fans...

Tizdaz

So, my PC has 7 fans plus the AIO cooler.

Am i right in thinking that the ICUE software ONLY supports upto 6 fans to run in sequence? so if i have 7 fans then the 7th fan there is no way to have it run in sequence with the other 6!?

If so, his is rather limiting considering one of best things about the ICUE is the sequence mode & with modern RGB builds usually way exceeding 6 fans its rather limiting. I also have 2x LS100 RGB Strips.

Corsair RGB controllers have a 6 fan limit and devices do not chain together, so it is a 6 fan limit for sequential presets.  You can't tell it you want pong for 9 fans on 2 different controllers.  It is possible to program custom waves/ripples across multiple controllers, but it is not overly easy and requires some experience with the programming.  

The Lighting Link will apply the same effect to all devices, but color wave and visor are the only sequential effects.  

20 hours ago, c-attack said:

Corsair RGB controllers have a 6 fan limit and devices do not chain together, so it is a 6 fan limit for sequential presets.  You can't tell it you want pong for 9 fans on 2 different controllers.  It is possible to program custom waves/ripples across multiple controllers, but it is not overly easy and requires some experience with the programming.  

The Lighting Link will apply the same effect to all devices, but color wave and visor are the only sequential effects.  

ok thanks alot for the info 🙂 i was baging my head trying to figure it out lol

7 fans is a hard number because it leaves 1 left over.  On some cases, there is a logical 4+3 split or some other way to do it.  Your view point may make one more desirable than another.  However, another option is to get a 3rd party fan RGB splitter and pair two of the fans on one controller.  This makes the both fans twins.  This can have advantages as well, but I somewhat suspect your case is 3 front, 3 top, 1 rear and there is not a clear place to use the duplicate pair.  For that set up, the front 3 and top can be different groups, then tack the rear exhaust onto one or the other.  

Edited by c-attack