Corsair Community

RMA Request

I purchased two sets of the twinx1024-4000pro units approximately 6 months ago. All was well until this Monday upon powering on the system it would not post. I verified all connections and found no problems. I removed one set of memory and the system started to work. I swapped the removed pair with the pair still installed on the MB and the problem reappeared. It looks like bad memory to me. My system specs follow.

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe

2.8GHZ Intel Pentium 4 800MHZ FSB

2GB Ram Corsair twinx1024-4000 pro (2)

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

(2) WD 160GB HD in Raid 0 config

Windows XP Pro

Suse 9.1 Pro

I purchased 1 gig of valueselect in 2 512 sticks. Everything worked fine for several months. Then upon boot up, about 3/4 of the way through...the blue screen of death.....reboot every time

So, I took that memory and put it in another machine, and the problem followed the ram..One further test, I tried another machine (yes, I have three ) Then by testing 512 at a time deduced that I am holding the bad 512 stick in my hand..

Could you please furnish an RMA so I can replace this ram.. :idea:

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I am currently running my CPU at 3.0GHZ with the recommended timings from corsair. I have also set my MB to the default settings with the same result.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but that does not really tell me what I would need to help you.

You have the CPU set to 3.0 but at what Frequency and what is the default speed of your CPU? And I would try and load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8X Volts and test the modules one at a time to be sure. And I would not over clock with 4 modules just set them to Cass 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 to test them. In addition, with 4 modules your system would need to be able to provide 48 Watts just for memory. And with this MB you will need to disable legacy USB when running any memory test.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Here is my current bios config:

CPU Freq - 213

AGP/PCI - 66.66/33.33

Memory Freq - DDR400

CPU Vcore - Auto

DDR Ref - 2.75

AGPVDDQ - 1.70

Performance Mode - Auto

Hyper Thread - Enable

DRAM CAS Latency: 3

DRAM RAS Precharge: 4

DRAM RAS to CAS Delay: 4

DRAM Precharge Delay: 8

DRAM Burst Length: 4

I will try your suggestion but keep in mind all four modules have been running with no errors for at least 6 months and no changes to my configuration has occured. As stated earlier the system will not post with the suspect ram installed using only two sticks. I have not tried them individually since they are a matched pair.

I am sorry but that does not really tell me what I would need to help you.

You have the CPU set to 3.0 but at what Frequency and what is the default speed of your CPU? And I would try and load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8X Volts and test the modules one at a time to be sure. And I would not over clock with 4 modules just set them to Cass 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 to test them. In addition, with 4 modules your system would need to be able to provide 48 Watts just for memory. And with this MB you will need to disable legacy USB when running any memory test.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Archived