Corsair Community

Commander Pro fans not functioning properly

SamaJama

Hello, I got the commander pro to control the 6 fans on my system. Three of them were 3pin phantek p500a fans that come in the p500a drgb and Three of them were 4pin phantek drgb fans. Currently the commander pro is not functioning very well with all of the fans. It had worked just fine until recent when I added in a new ssd to my system.

The 6 fans had been working just fine until I added a new ssd into the system. One 3pin fan stopped working two days later. I assumed it was phantek and they sent me a replacement 4pin fan (So now I only have two 3pins and four 4pins). That one didn't work so I started swapping fans port around. I had it at one point were the same fan and a addition fan would not work no matter where I plugged them in. I even tried the suggestions on here to try a different sata connection. I tried the same sata connection that my ssd is on, I tried to plug it to an entirely new sata rail from the power supply, and I even tried unplugging the ssd I recently installed. Nothing fixed it so I have it currently plugged into the same sata cable as the ssd (a different cable then before) and I started to switch around the fan header plugs again. I currently have it where a entirely different fan doesn't spin. That fan swapped with a different 4pin fan causes both to stop spinning. That fan swapped with any of the two 3pin connectors does nothing (the 3pin will spin fine and the fan won't spin no matter which port its in).

I have no idea what the issue could be. It is not the fan, it is not the sata connector, it is not current draw (at least I don't think it is current draw since they have been spinning fine for the last 5 months). All I could think of was someone mentioned their fans not getting recognized as DC or PWM and having issues there. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening? 

Update: Just tried to manually set the fan port to 4pin in iCue and that didn't fix it. I have no idea what could be the issue. If I set it to auto, it treats the port as disconnected which is obviously not true.

Auto sometimes misses, but when set to 4 pin (PWM) that is the full 12v and both the DC and PWM fans should be moving — the 3 pin DC at maximum. If the fan won’t spin, try connecting to a mb fan header to rule out the fan. If it spins on the MB but not the Commander, contact Corsair Support.