Corsair Community

Commander pro not controlling RPM of chassis corsair fans.

Got a new H150I cooler. Plugged my existing white Corsair fans into the commander that came with it, but it fails to control the rpm of said fans. Those fans are labelled as #4 #5 and #6. I dont have any other software controlling them. i made sure to turn MSI afterburner off. Im not sure what it could be. If anyone knows that would be super helpful. 

Thanks! :)

image.thumb.png.98a1526da97ac8244910d5437c2b8b39.png

That’s a Commander Core with Elite AIO series. Unlike the Commander Pro, it is a PWM only controller, so if those happen to be SP-Pro on 4-6 or any other DC 3 pin fan they will be stuck at maximum all day long. 

14 hours ago, c-attack said:

That’s a Commander Core with Elite AIO series. Unlike the Commander Pro, it is a PWM only controller, so if those happen to be SP-Pro on 4-6 or any other DC 3 pin fan they will be stuck at maximum all day long. 

ok, looks like im going to have to get myself a Commander Pro then. Thank you much! 🙂

That may not be the best solution. The Com Core is required to make the AIO pump work. Even if you use the Commander Pro, you have to keep the Com core online. That’s a large and somewhat expensive option to control 3 fans. 

Other possible solutions:

1) replace the SP-Pro with SP-Elite. It’s a PWM version of the same fan. Plugs directly into the Com Core on both RGB and PWM. 

2) Motherboard control for those 3 fans. RGB wires stay on Com Core. The only free option.