Corsair Community

Latest iCUE 4.16.194 reports wrong motherboard temperatures

sfdmark

As the title says, with the latest iCUE 4.16.194 in use the temperature report of my motherboard, ASUS crosshair VIII, is around 216 degrees Celsius.  Is not a big deal, and obviously is some kind of bug, but happened to base my custom cooling profiles on this temperature readings. The iCUE version 4.15.153 is working fine. So if you guys are like me, stay away from the latest update till is fixed .

for watercooling, the only useable (and logical) temperature to use is the water temperature, so maybe that would make this sensor name mismatch a non-issue for your needs.

Still needs to be fixed though

Edit : found this topic, same problem 

Edited by LeDoyen

There are some Asus motherboard quirks reading the EC on CUE 4.16. The temps are wackier than normal and you may also see some phantom CPU fan reading in the 65K range with nothing actually on CPU fan. 

If your cpu temps are elevated, than the load is real. What you are reporting is probably not part of the above bug. Go to Windows Settings -> Apps and click on Corsair iCUE. Select modify and follow the prompts for a repair install. See if that cleans up the issue. 

I think it's just Asus, but if anyone else is seeing this on other brands please post your specs.  The issue has been reported but I have only seen it from Asus users so far.  

If it was an Asus issue, HWINFO would have the same problem. I don't think it does. HWINFO reports Asus EC based values on my Crosshair VIII Dark Hero just fine. I don't use iCue so can't speak to that. I wonder why Corsair does not take advantage of Shared Memory Support and just import data from HWINFO, and abandon their direct polling of system hardware. It just seems to cause problems, especially with other monitoring programs. HWINFO, AIDA64, and SIV can all happily coexist and safely poll the same sensors, and provide accurate data. Why can't Corsair do that?

No, it’s a CUE issue that only affects Asus motherboards.  Still have not seen it reported for any other brand of MB. 

Same problem with false motherboard temps with gigaabyte z590 gaming x motherboard. Some temps are stuck on 16.80 degrees C which is obviously wrong. Gpu and cooler temps seem to be ok though, so its not that big problem for me.

icue.png

Sorry, I lost some clarity in the chained down responses.  There always have been issues with CUE 3 and 4 reading certain motherboard values.  Duplicates or unlikely values are common.  Once deleted, they should stay gone for the most part.  This occurs on multiple brands of MB.

On the current CUE version there is a specific issue with CPU Fan reading 65,000+ rpm that only occurs on Asus MBs.  It reads that value even when nothing is connected.  It's clearly an error on the CUE side.  Additionally, certain temp values have gone from improbable to impossible, like the 216C that is the board max value reported by the OP.  I have only seen those two errors reported on Asus boards.  

Same problem here, only happened with the latest 4.16.194 update for me. Asus CH8 Darkhero.

icuetemps.jpg

Same problem here with a Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro. One of the motherboard sensors reports 16 degrees celsius (with a room temperature of 20 degrees). It happened after updating the iCue software. Other tools like AIDA, HWInfo, etc. report correct values.

That's the more common "unlikely" value that is false, but not banging off the ends of the temp range like 0C or 216C.  Do you have the 65,000 CPU fan reading like the screen shot above? 

Updated to 4.17.244 and the temps (216 degrees) and one of the fan speeds (65,000 rpm) are still way high on Asus CH8 Dark Hero.

Yes, it appears to still be an issue in 4.17.

A couple of sensors are reporting rather high temps for me on my Asus Strix x570-E motherboard.

438030218_Screenshot2021-11-11182813.png.5d72adeb07d2406d0e2deb543591f472.png

I have noticed the same issue on my iCue after the 4.16 update. As of 4.17.244, I still have the same issue on my Dark Hero, where temps 1 and 2 show a usually consistent 216 C but there are intermittent momentary drops, see screenshot.

Specs

Win 10 20H2

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

Asus C8 Dark Hero  BIOS 3801

64 GB Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB x 4)

iCue_4.17.244_111221.PNG

On 11/16/2021 at 3:50 AM, Corsair Travis said:

Hey there, this is a bug with Asus boards atm. Asus are working on a fix but we do not have an ETA at the moment.

So why was it working just fine prior to the last two updates? That doesn't seem like an Asus bug. If there'd been a mobo bios update and suddenly the temps were weird, that would seem like an Asus bug...

On 11/15/2021 at 6:50 PM, Corsair Travis said:

Hey there, this is a bug with Asus boards atm. Asus are working on a fix but we do not have an ETA at the moment.

Well - as mentioned before I get wrong temperatures with a Gigabyte board since updating ICue to 4.16 (worked perfectly fine before). I hope this issue will be fixed soon.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:50 PM, Corsair Travis said:

Phew - have the same issue, spiked temps of 127c and a fan saying 65280