Corsair Community

Is this normal? Fans spinning at 2,400 RPM

J.LLORENS

Hi all!

I have installed 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans in a case. They're controlled by a Commander Core XT which is drawing power from one of the PSU's SATA connectors. The fans are spinning at 2,300ish RPM constantly regardless of what profile I pick under Cooling. Please see picture attached.

How do I fix this behavior so that the fans spin lower under normal loads? This set up is very loud.

Thank you!

Annotation 2021-10-12 010504.png

18 hours ago, J.LLORENS said:

Hi all!

I have installed 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans in a case. They're controlled by a Commander Core XT which is drawing power from one of the PSU's SATA connectors. The fans are spinning at 2,300ish RPM constantly regardless of what profile I pick under Cooling. Please see picture attached.

How do I fix this behavior so that the fans spin lower under normal loads? This set up is very loud.

Thank you!

Annotation 2021-10-12 010504.png

These?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050072-WW#tab-tech-specs

Doesn't look like they should go above 1500.  Do you have the connectors flipped or something?

the frame color plays a lot with performance 🙂

The white LL120 go up to 2200 rpm https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/Magnetic-Levitation-Fans/LL-White-RGB-Dual-Light-Loop-RGB-LED-PWM-Fan/p/CO-9050092-WW#tab-tech-specs

You should create a custom fan curve. the iCUE curves (quiet, extreme etc.) are complete thrash and have a mind of their own.

We don't know all that much about the new Commander Core XT behavior, but if it's like the Commander Pro, you don't use the presets at all.  They are not meant for that.  If it is more like the Commander Core with the AIO installed, then it should run from coolant temp and not run out of control like that.  However, even in that case most people should create a custom curve then use the shape tools in the corner to mimic the presets.  Then you can see and adjust individual data points rather than guess if its following directions.  

Edited by c-attack

The Commander Core XT's default curves go to the CPU temperature; don't use them. As others have said, create a custom curve. Use the 2 temp sensors that come with the Commander Core XT as the source temp for your curves.