Corsair Community

1 PSU, 1 AIO, 6 RGB fans, 4 LED strips... How to connect them all to the motherboard?

sblantipodi

Hi all,
I have a Corsair AX860i PSU that want a USB port.

My motherboard has 2 USB headers.

I want to add those products:
1x Corsair H150i AIO
6x Corsair QL120 RGB FANs
4x Corsair addressable LED strips.

How can I connect all those components to my motherboards?

What is the smartest way to do it?
Should I buy a Corsair Commander PRO?
If yes, is a corsair commander pro enough to manage all those things?

Which H150 are you looking at? Is it the Capellix AIO? Or the Pro?

Also, do you have a Lighting Node Pro for the strips? And any Lighting Node Cores that come with the fans?

As for expanded USB ports, we typically suggest a powered USB hub, like the NZXT hub.

1 hour ago, DevBiker said:

Which H150 are you looking at? Is it the Capellix AIO? Or the Pro?

Also, do you have a Lighting Node Pro for the strips? And any Lighting Node Cores that come with the fans?

As for expanded USB ports, we typically suggest a powered USB hub, like the NZXT hub.

The only things I have currently is the Corsair AX860i PSU.

I have to buy everything so what's my options based on the parts I have written I want to buy?

In that case, get the H150i Elite Capellix cooler. This comes with the Commander Core. You'll be able to control all of the fans (both RGB and PWM) with the Commander Core, as well as the cooler.

Then, get the Lighting Strip kit with the Lighting Node Pro. That's 4 strips and an LNP.

With the PSU, you'll need a total of 3 USB headers. Use an NZXT powered internal hub ... well, any internal USB hub will work as long as it is powered.

6 hours ago, DevBiker said:

In that case, get the H150i Elite Capellix cooler. This comes with the Commander Core. You'll be able to control all of the fans (both RGB and PWM) with the Commander Core, as well as the cooler.

Then, get the Lighting Strip kit with the Lighting Node Pro. That's 4 strips and an LNP.

With the PSU, you'll need a total of 3 USB headers. Use an NZXT powered internal hub ... well, any internal USB hub will work as long as it is powered.

thank you for the help my friend I really appreciate it.

last question. Isn't a Commander PRO and option to rule them all without the needs of a USB Internal Hub?

11 hours ago, sblantipodi said:

thank you for the help my friend I really appreciate it.

last question. Isn't a Commander PRO and option to rule them all without the needs of a USB Internal Hub?

You could use the CoPro rather than the LNP but you'll still want to go with the internal USB hub. The hub on the CoPro is an unpowered pass-through hub and has issues with many of the current boards out there.

Plus ... you need to use the Commander Core with the Capellix cooler. Period.

The CoPro's USB Hub is unpowered. The rest of it is powered.

As for the items needed ... not sure how. The Commander Core comes with the Capellix cooler and the LNP comes with the strips. So ... two controllers.