Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Pro SE Firmware revert

Boomstomp

On the same note, on iCue Type Lighting effect, click on Dark Core used to trigger wave effect (on keyboard) from right.
Now every click comes from top left. 

Please publish previous firmware for Dark Core Pro RGB so that I can roll back to iCue 3.

On 10/16/2021 at 3:13 AM, boxie3 said:

On the same note, on iCue Type Lighting effect, click on Dark Core used to trigger wave effect (on keyboard) from right.
Now every click comes from top left. 

Please publish previous firmware for Dark Core Pro RGB so that I can roll back to iCue 3.

Hi boxie3, I actually contacted support because of this but they said the oldest firmware that they can give me is v3.08. I've looked everywhere on the internet but no where can I find any firmware images for this mouse. I ended up selling this mouse and buying another dark core rgb that luckily came with the firmware I mentioned in this post. I guess you should just never update your device firmware with iCUE 4 if you need to use iCUE 3 for whatever reason.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know. As iCUE 4 is out, we are trying to move forward with newer firmware along with new products while retaining as many of the older products as well. But we can only retain so many of the older products though as they start to fade out due to updated technology whether it be hardware or software. Normally our support team will be the ones that provide older firmware when needed.

• 4 months later...
On 10/26/2021 at 12:51 AM, Corsair Haurjie said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know. As iCUE 4 is out, we are trying to move forward with newer firmware along with new products while retaining as many of the older products as well. But we can only retain so many of the older products though as they start to fade out due to updated technology whether it be hardware or software. Normally our support team will be the ones that provide older firmware when needed.

Are you actually making a bad joke ? 

Last firmware update killed my mouse 

Now That I got a replacement one ... updated again ... can't revert to ICUE3 .. ICUE 4 is hot garbage ...

1st it was switching DPI randomly , in game, even if my DPI button WHERE DE-ACTIVATED

then tried to go fix the problem by reverting to ICUE 3 ... no can do ... re-installed ICUE 4 back .. now it keep crashing .. can't even open it proprely À

also ... this **** should be illegal .. I am forced to go buy from an other company because your peice of **** software dsnt work .. and now I have an un-usable mouse that has random DPI on it ... thanks corsair for screwing us over 

• 1 month later...

Same here, received it today, updated to iCue4, seen that there is a firmware update for dongle/mouse, installed it, and mouse never connected ever since. iCue only shows dongle visible, not the mouse itself. Useless now.

It worked fine out of the box and also iCue3 installed. Guess was bad idea to switch to 4...or hit update firmware.

If you Corsair guys know about these issues, do not allow the software to show updates for these devices. Only show for what is already tested to be working ok. Or do not recommend to install iCue4 yet.

Guess I have to send it back and choose something different brand. Sry.

Or does anybody have older firmware which came from factory?

Thanks in advance.

D

sorry to here you have problems, everything works great for me with icue4 and dark core rgb pro se, no problems so far.  i got the mouse on the may 2 2022

11 hours ago, escannihilator said:

sorry to here you have problems, everything works great for me with icue4 and dark core rgb pro se, no problems so far.  i got the mouse on the may 2 2022

did you updated the Firmware for dongle/mouse? or left it at it was from the factory?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

its updated when i plugged everything in it updated. latest ver. dongle (v.5.5.112) and mouse (v.5.0.41) and icue ver. 4.23.137

Edited by escannihilator