Corsair Community

Corsair One i60 Overheating (Right Side Red Light Flashing)

Hi all

I have owned a Corsair One i60 for just over two years now and never had any issues up until this point. All of a sudden, my computer seems to be struggling to run any game without overheating within 20 minutes or so (leading to the right-side front light flashing red). In the past, even when playing demanding games, my computer has been able to handle any task with ease and with minimal noise.

After doing some research, I used the iCUE program to monitor the temperatures of the CPU coolant, GPU coolant etc. I then jumped on a game for 20 minutes until the computer began overheating, at which point I checked the readings and it was evident at the time that both coolant's had exceeded 65C and were rising. The top fan also operates very loudly which, once again, is very unusual as the device is normally silent.

After doing more research, I found articles diagnosing the issue as follows:

"System fan will run at 100%, right facing light pipe will blink red (#FF0000), left facing light pipe will be off. Overheating is defined as a coolant temperature of 65C or greater on either the CPU or GPU loop. Failure to read GPU thermistor will also trigger this animation and fan speed."

As a side note, I have ensured that my PC is away from confined spaces to allow full ventilation. The i60 has remained un-modded for the duration of ownership - all parts and components are those from the original build. All dust and other blockages are frequently cleared from the outside of the PC.

Other Details (in case anything is relevant):

• Serial Number of Device: 0022192101119
  • BIOS Version: 2.Ql
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @3.6GHz
  • Memory: 32.00 GB - 2 remaining DIMM slots
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Have already posted a support ticket direct with Corsair, yet to receive a response.

I require assistance as to what this issue could be and how to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hey

Thank you for responding.

I have taken a screenshot as you have requested. The first shows the iCUE dashboard whilst no programs or games are running. The second shows the iCUE dashboard right before overheating (whilst running a game). Please note, the GPU coolant temperature rose to over 65C soon after this screenshot causing the red warning light.

1958463196_Screenshot(Base).thumb.PNG.8425cc064857d453ddd98a46907e5675.PNG

984568753_Screenshot(BeforeOverheating).thumb.PNG.efd9daaa8baae99a463184003ef33100.PNG

One thing I have noticed after doing this is that "Fan #2" is not operational in both cases. I assume this could be causing some of the issues with my overheating system - however this is just my speculation.

As a side note, I have never opened up my computer so maybe the fan is blocked by things such as internal dust?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, ChandlerCoates said:

Hey

I have taken a screenshot as you have requested. The first shows the iCUE dashboard whilst no programs or games are running. The second shows the iCUE dashboard right before overheating (whilst running a game). Please note, the GPU coolant temperature rose to over 65C soon after this screenshot causing the red warning light.

984568753_Screenshot(BeforeOverheating).thumb.PNG.efd9daaa8baae99a463184003ef33100.PNG

One thing I have noticed after doing this is that "Fan #2" is not operational in both cases. I assume this could be causing some of the issues with my overheating system - however this is just my speculation.

As a side note, I have never opened up my computer so maybe the fan is blocked by things such as internal dust?

Thanks.

The top fan and the GPU water pump look okay to me. If it were me, I would open up the computer and see if the GPU radiator is clogged with dust. How long have you owned this machine? Is it in a dusty environment?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 10/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, ChandlerCoates said:

Hey

Thanks.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the extra details!

As your screenshots are indicating the pumps are working fine - I'd follow @vett93's advice regarding the fans/dust.

Failing that - as you stated the system is ~2 years old, I'd follow up by perhaps checking/reapplying the thermal paste to the CPU/GPU.
If you're not familiar with that process, there are many generic guides online - our you can reach out to our support team at https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can assist with a how-to on that process!

I hope these suggestions help, and don't hesitate to let us know if these solutions work for you!

~~ Corsair Mordred