Corsair Community

Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro...controls overlap and control the same devices on different channels...??

MCookMPD

So I have 9 LL 120 fans, an XD5 pump/res, an XC7 CPU block and a non-Corsair GPU RGB water block that iCUE will see as 2 RGB strips...in a 5000X case.

The issue I am having is that the GPU block and the XD5/XD7 wiring plug in to 'LED 1' and 'LED 2' on the Commander Pro, and then I have 2 Lighting Node Cores that plug in to 'LED 1' and 'LED 2' on a Lighting Node Pro, which plugs in to a USB header from the MOBO.  iCUE will see each device and it lets me set up everything correctly. 

The problem arises whenever I adjust a color or any other change on one or the other, two devices will change.  In other words, it acts as though 'LED 1' on the Commander Pro is the same connection as 'LED 1' on the Node Pro....if that makes sense.  I have tried switching the way things are plugged in, but in every configuration, it is as if 'LED 1' on both the Commander Pro and the Node Pro are "seen" by iCUE as the same port...?

I know this is long and somewhat confusing, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am severely frustrated at this point!!!

Hello There...

Are you using Lighting Link effects?. this will apply the same effect across all devices if set to do so...

I’ve never heard of anything like that. So LL fans are on the LNP and the blocks and reservoirs are on the Commander Pro. This is basically the same setup I am using and have not seen this. 

1) Make sure you are not working in the HW lighting mode. CUE will preview the effect as well as the HW lighting on some other devices. Software running normal effects are on the Lighting Effects tab. 

2) Looks like lighting link is not involved. 

3) You would have needed a 3rd party adapter for the gpu block “strips”. Anything else extra in use?  There are cables to clone devices or split RGB channels. 

4) Do the basic repair install (Windows apps->Corsair iCUE->Modify). It sometimes helps clean up weird issues. 

Well....I uninstalled iCUE and re-installed version 3.38.61 and everything is working like it should.  I'm not sure if it was version 4 or if it was just the re-installation....either way I'm leaving it alone because it's working!!

Thanks for the assist!