Corsair Community

Asus A8V Deluxe - All Dimm slots

HC1Gunner

1. I'm currently running TWINX1024-3200XL under dual mode. If I want to add anoter 1 GB of mem which modules should I go with?

2. If I want to add anoter 2 GB of mem which modules should I go with?

I'm going to keep the current 3200XL in my system.

• Corsair Employee
You cannot mix memory with AMD 64 ot it may not post. So if you add more memory they would need to be the exact same part#. In addition, if you add or use 4 modules this system by default will run at DDR333 and you would need to relax the timings as well.

You cannot mix memory with AMD 64 ot it may not post. So if you add more memory they would need to be the exact same part#. In addition, if you add or use 4 modules this system by default will run at DDR333 and you would need to relax the timings as well.

Relax timings? Mine are set at the BIOS default. Do I need to make a change with this mobo and 4 modules (4GB)?

• Corsair Employee

Please use these settings for a reference.

Dim Voltage 2.7 Volts

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 7

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

• 3 weeks later...

I read the below at a tech review, am I to understand this is true with all E3 revised 90nm CPU's?

"The new Venice core, or E3 revision, is a bit different compared to the previous 90nm Winchester release, and offers not only a higher clock speed ceiling, but also an updated feature set and higher performance. The integrated memory controller has been given an overhaul, and it now includes support for mismatched DDR DIMMs and the population of all four sockets at DDR400 speeds".

Archived