Corsair Community

Crucial Ballistix RGB RAM not detected in iCue on Asus z490 Mobo with Arm Crate Installed

_PHNX_

Hello

I built my first RGB PC recently with mostly Corsair components (AIO Cooler, Fans, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousemat, PSU, Lighting Strips, Lighting Co Pro) but was foolishly tempted by Crucial's marginally lower CAS latency and so bought a Crucial Ballistix RGB 32Gb (2x16Gb kit) of DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600Mhz RAM. 

I have a bunch of different lighting profiles programmed which it pleases me to cycle with my Corsair Keyboard, and I can control everything via iCue except the Crucial RAM which will only answer to Armoury Crate (Booooo) or Crucial's MOD software (Yuck!).  I've tried a 3rd party controller (Jacknet) but that introduces other issues like freezing the ARGB on the MoBO and GPU and generally harshing my RGB vibe.  Whilst my Asus MoBo shows in iCue and it's RGB can be controlled,  the RAM doesn't appear in iCue, only in Armoury Sync or MOD.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DIMs, turning off Aura Sync in the Bios, and reinstalling iCue but all to no avail.  Does anyone know if the RAM is even supposed to show up in iCue, or is Crucial RAM just not supported? 

https://www.corsair.com/fr/fr/downloads

If you select "iCUE" on the dropdown list, there's a plugin for RGB memory. not sure if it's required for iCUE4.

I personally never managed to make the blasted thing work with Trident Z neo on iCUE3.

Thanks @LeDoyenI installed it but it actually made things worse by stopping the RGB on the 2nd DIMM working altogether.  I could be wrong but I think that file is an outdated plugin for Aurasync.  Aurasync is now part of Armoury Crate and I think more current plugins come as standard with that.  I uninstalled Armoury Crate (using the Uninstaller), and iCue before reinstalling both, so now Im back to where I was when I started above.