Corsair Community

VS512MB333 on Leadtek MB -prob

I've been trying to get two sticks of Corsair VS512MB333 to work reliably on a Leadtek K7NCR18G-Pro II for about a year now (I'm very patient).

Specs:

K7NCR18G-Pro II (using the onboard video & not overclocking in any way)

AMD 2500 XP Barton core

VS512MB333 in slots 1 & 3

Latest NVidia drivers all around

Win XP SP2 or Win Server 2003

It seems that whenever I am doing anything that has more graphics the system seems to have problems. I get memory read errors or blue screens on a regular basis. The problem isn't limited to graphics heavy apps though.

I have run MemTest on it and get a huge (hundreds) number of errors on several of the tests.

I'm not sure my bios settings with regards to memory are acurate or if that affects the way Memtest works.. Are there some "perfect memory settings" for my MB/CPU combo?

I have also swapped modules and still get errors. I have put the modules in a different MoBo and didn't have problems on that system. I will be trying a different memory module on the original mb one of these days to see if that makes a difference.

What are the chances that my memory modules are bad? Any suggestions on tests I could perform?

Thanks

John

I'm not finding any setting with in the system BIOS for setting the Dim voltage. I've found CPU and AGP voltages but no Dim. The monitoring says that the dim voltage is at 2.67. But I can't seem to change it.

Is that critical?

I've started testing with single modules and so far the first one I tested did come up with about 40 errors on several of the memtest86+ v1.5? software.

Next steps??

Thanks

John

• Corsair Employees

Let's try replacing your module, but please test the other module 2 and if you get errors with both modules, I would try testing them on another system if you can.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived