Corsair Community

a8n-sli, twinx1024-3200c2

vdg

Just a question, is the twinx1024-3200c2 memory rated at 2.5-3-3-6 1T with a amd64 3800+, asus a8n-sli deluxe rig? Mine only seems to pass memtest when set to 2T (approximately 10% performance loss).

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

OK, I've been able to put a single stick in my PC at work, seems to pass memtest @ 2336 1T. Both power supplies are rated 400W (default supply of my AOpen casing), the one at work shows 12.096V in bios, the one at home 11.84V. The only difference is that at work it's a 20-pin supply, at home it's a 24-pin, dual 12V supply. Does the RAM-power come from the 12V line?

At work: Asus A8V Deluxe Wifi, AMD64 3500+, 1GB "generic" memory pair, Nvidia FX5200 AGP, 2x80GB SATA, DVD+/-RW

At home: Asus A8N SLI deluxe, AMD64 3800+, 1GB twinx1024-3200c2, Nvidia FX6600 128MB PCIx, 2x160GB SATA, DVD+/-RW, floppy

Is 11.84V out of spec, could this suggest a lack of power?

Thanks for your time,

Vincent

I don't really get it anymore. The generic memory passed memtest 37 times (all tests) at home, timings 2.5-3-3-6 1T, the matched pair passed 1 memtest run (a quick run) at 2-3-3-6 1T at work. Any suggestions?

Vincent

• Corsair Employees
Will our modules pass in the system you are tring to run them in? And do they pass in the other system you tested them in? And what are the other modules you are comparing them to?

Will our modules pass in the system you are tring to run them in? And do they pass in the other system you tested them in?

They should pass at home, but they don't. However they pass at work at 2-3-3-6 1T.

And what are the other modules you are comparing them to?

2x512MB, double sided memory using HYB25D256800CE-5 chips, rated 3-3-3-8 but passing at 2.5-3-3-6 1T on both PC's.

Any suggestions for further testing would be appreciated.

They are in the blue slots (A1 and B1), so this should be correct. The bios version is 1002, so I'll try to update this weekend, although I don't see why this would cause 1 pair to pass and the other pair to fail...

Thanks,

Vincent

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy trying bios rev. 8, 10 beta 1 and 11 beta 1, but it refuses to pass memtest at command rate 1T, even at 2.8V. Prime ran for 17 hours, resulting in

FATAL ERROR: Reading from temp file.

Torture Test ran 17 hours, 37 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.

shortly after I started a second instance of prime (that one kept on running happily), so I don't think this error was hardware related? Any other hints?

• Corsair Employees

I have no problem replacing the modules for you if you like, but that may be some other problem.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived