Corsair Community

Corsair iCue H100i ELITE CAPELLIX : Pump tach cable - 3-pin connector ?

Hello,

I bought a Corsair iCue H100i ELITE CAPELLIX and started to install it. Everything installed, I just have to connect the 2 cables from the pump however I think I have a problem with the single cable. I'm pretty sure there is a 3-pin connector normally. What should I do ?

IMG_20211002_185208.jpeg

apparently it's somewhere in the box ^^'

All fans use the same molex connectors so you could take an old spare fan and push its pins out to salvage the connector, 3 or 4 pin will do.

then just insert the wire in the tach position

02-1.jpg

... Or you can contact Corsair support to get it looked after of course

Edited by LeDoyen

If you are unable to repair or don’t want to replace it, the tachometer connection is optional. You see and change  the pump speed via the CUE software. The tach connector is to provide a bios warning if the pump does not respond on power up, but only when on CPU fan. 

You will want to wrap that bare end with electrical tape, but if you have the option you can exchange the unit. 

Edited by c-attack

Thank you both for the quick answers. I thought it was a specific connector. Thanks to your informations, I'm reassured ! I found an old fan and I salvaged the connector. I will try without exchanging the unit.

• Corsair Employees

Hello,

I bought a Corsair iCue H100i ELITE CAPELLIX and started to install it. Everything installed, I just have to connect the 2 cables from the pump however I think I have a problem with the single cable. I'm pretty sure there is a 3-pin connector normally. What should I do ?

IMG_20211002_185208.jpeg

Hey there, sorry to hear that. I am creating a ticket for you to get the Pump Cap sent out to you!