Corsair Community

corsair icue h150i elite capellix icue (iCUE)

Eltar

Hello. Yesterday I bought a corsair icue h150i elite capellix. I connected everything strictly by instruction, the cooler through the commander pro, the motor in cpu_fan. usb 2.0 to the motherboard. RGB lighting works, but cooling profiles are not working or configurable. The fans simply run in balance mode.

Edited by Eltar

Can you post a screenshot of the Cooling page in CUE with your fan curves?  Most issues like this are basic app configuration issues for new users. 

Based on the 36C coolant temperature, the fans are running the proper speed for the balanced preset and the drop down selector for each fan appears to be set to that.  Unfortunately the data points for the three presets are hidden which makes knowing and understanding the behavior difficult. 

My suggestion for most everyone is to make your own custom curve, then use the shape tools in the lower corner of the graph to replicate the presets. Those three convex/concave shapes are the same as the presets but now you can see and adjust the data points. However, there are two things you must do before it will work. 

1) Change the control sensor to “H150i Elite Temperature”. This is liquid temperature and the value the curve was designed to use. Do not use cpu temperature. 

2) Change each of the the three fans above to use the the new curve name (custom 1 by default). The name can be changed. 

You also have access to the fixed PWM% button in the custom curve. This makes testing fan control much easier, however since the AIO has three independent fan channels, most often it’s one fan showing problems and not all three. 

The quiet, balanced, extreme presets (or their translated names) are now like a low/medium/high speed switch. They represent specific fan curves and all three will result in high fan speed near 40C liquid temp. This is why I suggest creating duplicates of them using the custom curves. You will be able to move the points to fit your environment.