Corsair Community

Change the direction of the LEDs

Tigia

Hello everyone, I have a question about the direction of rotation of the LEDs.
I have 2 fans of the SP series at the front which convey the air into the PC and the LEDs turn clockwise.
At the top I also have 2 fans of the SP series that convey the air out of the PC and the LEDs turn counterclockwise.
Then I inserted a lighting layer into the lighting channel via software, over which the first 2 fan LEDs rotate to the right 
and the other 2 fan LEDs rotate to the left.
So far so good, now everyone is walking in the same direction.
But they are not synchronous, each couple has its own program.
Is there a solution how I can do it differently?
It's about the sequential lighting type.

MfG Timo

The two variables you can manipulate are the fan physical position (orientation) and then the initial or "start" LED for patterns with the Lighting Set-up rotation in the software.  What happens to move people is they physically install the fans with the cable on the MB side for obvious reasons, but the transition from front to top or top to rear does not line up.  Use the CUE rotation feature to change the origin point.  If your fans are physically in different rotational orientations, then it takes more fiddling to get the effects lined up.  

You may need to try and explain your issue with more detail.  You started talking about rotation but then finish with “each couple had its own program”. Any sequential effect is automatically applied to all fans on the same controller and there are clear buttons to add or subtract fans from the sequence. This should only occur if you are using two different controllers for two pairs of the same fan and there is no reason to do that. 

I took the lighting type sequentially, but due to the different airflow directions, the upper fan LEDs rotate to the left and the front ones to the right.

With this lighting, the light runs once in a circle and then goes to the next fan. it works at the top but the light then runs the other way around at the front.

Unbenannt.jpg

Intake vs Exhaust has no bearing on the direction of the LEDs (clockwise vs counter).   Your view point certainly does.  The sequential effect has directional arrows that change the overall path (1to 6 or 6 to 1) of the effect and on sequential also changes the rotational direction, but all your fans will be running the same direction when on the same effect.  However, if you are looking at the back of the front fans and the front of the top fans, there is nothing to be done about that.  

It is exactly like that! If I look at all the fans diagonally from the front left, they each turn in a different direction. Could have been that you could change that in the software. It is a pity that it is not so! How do other people do that? There are enough that have the same construction.