Corsair Community

Corsair Katar Pro XT mouse with a very loud squeaky wheel after just two months of use

newbie-builder

I built my first PC back in July, and I decided to go for an (almost) full corsair build so I could sync everything up using iCue without having to install seven different programs just to customize the RGB. Everything works perfectly and I couldn't be happier with it. However, my mouse (Corsair Katar Pro XT) has been giving me some problems lately. The buttons and scrollwheel work fine, but the wheel makes a very loud squeaking noise whenever I scroll down (it's silent when I scroll up, for some reason). I do programming for a living and have to scroll a lot when writing scripts and it's driving me absolutely insane.

I tried opening up the mouse today to see if there was anything stuck inside the wheel or something. I unscrewed the 2 screws at the back and tried opening it, but couldn't get the front part to detach. I did try to apply some force, but I was too scared of breaking it so I stopped after 15 minutes of fumbling with it.

I've put it back together now and everything seems fine, but the wheel still makes that awful noise. Is there any video or guide anywhere on how to open this thing, or any tips on how to fix this issue?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but I searched for Corsair Katar Pro XT squeaky mouse wheel and this was the #1 hit.  I've used this mouse less than 3 months and the wheel just started squeaking.  Did you find a way to fix it?  Was thinking of using a dry graphite lubricant provided I can actually apply it to the spindle of the mouse wheel...  This simply shouldn't be happening after 12 weeks of use.  Did you fix it or replace it?  🙂